What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » Skin Requests » Learner's skin

Learner's skin
Author: Message:
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Learner's skin
Personally, I haven't even touched skinning yet. I just don't have time. I was intending to do so when I got back from my vacation, but due to a flood at home, I'll be much too busy to do that.

However, I would love to know which resources are which when I do get into skinning, and I'm sure that would be the case for many other people as well.

My request is this; a skin that instead of enhancing the look of messenger, simplifies it and adds resource numbers/comments on items (at least the most popular/larger ones) that can be modified. Basically: sticking numbers on the resources to identify what their resource number is.

Suggestions on how to add on to this idea would be great too.

Big thanks to whoever completes this (It's obviously lots of work, so maybe people could cooperate and do it as a group ;o).
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
12-30-2007 09:46 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ipab
Veteran Member

Design Evolved

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Learner's skin
I'm sure you'll see something of sorts very soon ;).
56656E692C 20566964692C 2056696369
12-30-2007 09:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Have you read the skinning documentation yet and extracted resources through Plus > Preferences > Customize > Skins and looked at what that produces?

You will find everything is pretty well explained. I had no skinning experience before Plus! incorporated it and managed to make a skin based on that alone. It's the more advanced stuff i needed a lil bit of help with at times, but there is no shame in that. Also you are free to look at the resources of already available skins and ask for help if you are stuck. There are tutorials available on this forum already too to help you out.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
12-30-2007 09:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
Part 4 of my guide will cover every single resource known to 8.5 and will contain explanations of the purpose and any restrictions/oddities you should know about.

A learners skin i suppose would be handy in the way to show what parts are of importance, but then theres the issue of updating it :P

Personally I think a guide is a lot easier to manage because the same principles would apply and you would only have to write a note if anything is different in a new version. Plus its kinda border lining on spoon feeding :P

Anyway those are my thoughts.
12-30-2007 11:59 PM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Learner's skin
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
ave you read the skinning documentation yet and extracted resources
I've done the latter, but I haven't done the former, due to lack of time. However, as I mentioned, this isn't solely for me, but I see your point :P.
quote:
Originally posted by Willz
Personally I think a guide is a lot easier to manage because the same principles would apply and you would only have to write a note if anything is different in a new version.
Good point.

Keep in mind, I've not touched upon any of this stuff yet, so I don't know how easy it is.
quote:
Originally posted by ipab
I'm sure you'll see something of sorts very soon ;).
:O
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
12-31-2007 01:00 AM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
If I can do it without a Learners Skin. You can :p

* prashker is ashamed at dotLou (<3)
12-31-2007 04:16 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
High Speed Chaser

Don't mess with the Wambulance!

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Learner's skin
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam

* SonicSam is ashamed at dotLou (<3)

Yeh but I can't. A learners skin would be nice if it could be done in combination with Willz guide. Can't wait for  the other ones Willz.
If only I knew what I should put here
12-31-2007 04:36 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Learner's skin
quote:

I already mentioned that I've no idea how easy it is. I just don't have enough time to read the guide. I should have time in about a month to focus on a project like that, but due to school work, house work, actual work, and other delays, I can't.

This isn't just for me, it's for others too.
quote:
Originally posted by High Speed Chaser
quote:

Yeh but I can't. A learners skin would be nice if it could be done in combination with Willz guide.
That would actually be a really good accompanying skin.
Messenger Stuff Forums
12-31-2007 09:52 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: