What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » I am legend questions? [SPOILERS]

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
I am legend questions? [SPOILERS]
Author: Message:
Vimto

In and Out

32 / Female / Flag
O.P. Roll Eyes  I am legend questions? [SPOILERS]
Well I just watched the film "I am legend"
There's just a few things that have stuck in my head. And I was just wondering if anyone that has seen it thinks the same or has answers :tongue:

[list=1]
[*]Why where the animals there? (I was thinking from a zoo or something but not sure) and also what was the significance of them being there, from the adverts I thought they would have had a bigger role in the film.
[*]Had Robert (will smith) gone kind of insane, talking to the manakins as if they were real people. The part where the manakin is part of the trap he talks to it as if he were real.
[*]Was it the monster people that set the trap for him? Robert said something about them having no basic human instinct left at all so I don't get how they could watch him set a trap and set one themselves.
[*]At the point in the film where Robert has just got out of the trap, the monster dogs can come out into the shade but not pass the line of light. Near the beginning in the scene under the bridge when Robert captures one of the monster people, another comes out slightly but can't (but they're in the shade under the bridge) so how come he can't
[/list]

I thought it was overall an okay film, but it seemed to drag on slightly and then suddenly end.

Also the bit where he knows all the words to shrek kinda made me laugh :tongue:

One more thing (A), at the very end where the woman and her son get into the safe, he could of got into the safe aswell and left the grenade on the floor or something.

Okay another one more thing, the whole "Look daddy its a butterfly" I think is kinda pointless. The woman in the safe could of taken the blood without being the one that "had to do it".

:D
12-31-2007 12:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
RE: I am legend questions? [SPOILERS]
1. Because the city had been abandoned for a few years?
2. Yes.
3. Yes - the male (leader?) seems to be exhibiting some form of intelligence and clearly is upset that his mate was kidnapped.
4. Because it's a movie, and because it wasn't completely dark under the bridge?

It was an interesting movie during viewing, but in retrospect it was pretty crumby...

This post was edited on 12-31-2007 at 01:40 PM by Volv.
12-31-2007 01:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Ashley_H

1) Well theres 2 ways to ask this question. You could mean why were they there in general or you could mean why havent they been infected. Ill answer them both. After 3 years of there cages in a zoo (presuming thats where there from) there cages have bin through 3 years of rain and other types of precipitation. So I imagine that there cages would be weak. Also they might not of been infected because they might be immune to the virus.

2) I wouldnt describe him as 'insane' but when you think he had spent about 1000 days, with his only companion a dog. So he may just be talking to them for emotional re-assurement that there are people out there.

3) Yes. If you notice when he kidnapps one of the infected thereis another one present who runs out and goes back in because of the light. Then at dark I am guessing they went out, and copied his trap. Then set it up the same way after observing him for 3 years.

4) there is a line of light. That is why when the inected is kidnapped it is covered by a black sheet. It is like at the door it is dark, then over the cars it is light, then where will smith is it is dark again.

Great film. I dont see why Will Smith stayed inside that glass room at the end. Why didnt he go through that tunnel with the others with the blood. Then he could of got all the credit for saving the world.
12-31-2007 01:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Ashley_H
After 3 years of there cages in a zoo (presuming thats where there from) there cages have bin through 3 years of rain and other types of precipitation. So I imagine that there cages would be weak

I'd be worried if that was all it took to weaken a cage seeing as cages have been in zoos for years without being replaced :s
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
12-31-2007 02:25 PM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: I am legend questions? [SPOILERS]
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:
After 3 years of there cages in a zoo (presuming thats where there from) there cages have bin through 3 years of rain and other types of precipitation. So I imagine that there cages would be weak

I'd be worried if that was all it took to weaken a cage seeing as cages have been in zoos for years without being replaced :s
Indeed.
PS: Your signature is good :D
12-31-2007 02:28 PM
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:

also remember the animals would have been pretty hungry too + crazy zombie creatures.... so the animals would have been trying to get out and probably hurting themselves (blood ;o) and then the zombies would break down the bars. animals escape :P
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
12-31-2007 02:41 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
also remember the animals would have been pretty hungry too + crazy zombie creatures.... so the animals would have been trying to get out and probably hurting themselves (blood ;o) and then the zombies would break down the bars. animals escape

Can't we just say they're wild animals that entered the city, which would coincidentally make me right? :D

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
PS: Your signature is good
Theres a whole thread dedicated to it 8-) lol
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
12-31-2007 02:44 PM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: I am legend questions? [SPOILERS]
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
also remember the animals would have been pretty hungry too + crazy zombie creatures.... so the animals would have been trying to get out and probably hurting themselves (blood ;o) and then the zombies would break down the bars. animals escape

Can't we just say they're wild animals that entered the city, which would coincidentally make me right? :D
But it's an island :o

I think it's pointless to speculate things like how the animals escaped (from the zoo/circus), there are plenty of ways the animals could have been released by humans during the break-out of the virus, it's not like everyone just immediately died after they destroyed the bridges. People could have been farming them or whatever.

This post was edited on 12-31-2007 at 02:50 PM by Volv.
12-31-2007 02:48 PM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Now go watch

Omega Man
The Last Man On Earth

Both originals :p
12-31-2007 04:58 PM
Tasha

31 / Female / Flag
At the end he says "they're not gonna stop", so basically, he had to kill himself and them to save the girl and her son and the cure. Leaving the grenade then getting into the tunnel wouldn't have worked, there would've been time for the monsters to run away, and he had to wait for the glass to break so that the grenade actually got where it was supposed to go.

Thought it was a good film, not one I'd watch over and over, but it was good, even though I found it depressing. :P
www.mycutelobster.co.uk
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry,
but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
12-31-2007 07:11 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: