What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Skin Maker Program.

Skin Maker Program.
Author: Message:
Ashley_H

O.P. Skin Maker Program.
Okay, I could make this (which I might, I dont know. Probably will give it a shot when I can be botherd :P) But would like it if somebody elsemade it too. I'm not that great with VB :P

basically make a program that looks like WLM but when you click images that you can change in a skin (for example, the online image) you are presented with an open file dialog and you open your own image. Alos when you click text you can easily edit it. If you get me. I made an image of what the program could look like.

Big Image :)

Edit! Skin not Script :P

This post was edited on 12-31-2007 at 11:36 PM by Ashley_H.
12-31-2007 11:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: Skin Maker Program.
I imagine it'd be a pretty big project if it were to work in the way you describe.

[Image: jumbled.png]
12-31-2007 11:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Ashley_H

O.P. RE: Skin Maker Program.
yes, Would be rather big in filesize too (if that isn't what you mean)

But alls you would have to do is make copies of he login window, main window, and chat window. (Maybe a few more) and where it is text that can be replaced just make textboxes with the textvalue of that text. And for images Picture Boxes and set a on click code open an open file dialog and change the image. Also generate the needed code at the same time :)
01-01-2008 12:21 AM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
Sounds easy said, but it'd be very time consuming to add all those variables :P
[Image: jumbled.png]
01-01-2008 12:58 AM
Ashley_H

O.P. RE: Skin Maker Program.
Yes. I think this would be a great project for me (I would say Im a sort of novice) in programming. Would take a while but would be great in the long run :)
01-01-2008 01:10 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Please see "Learner's skin" (and other threads) for something very extremely related (almost exactly the same thing)...

Also, if you extract/export all the resources with Plus!, make sure you've also ticked the option "consolidate the data" and you will almost have what you want because then you can easly see, per window, what resources are being used and you can even easly search the UIFiles for the elements you need.

(But do not use those consolidated resources to make your skin, they are just meant to be used as a reference)

---

Tip for Ashley_H: start using the search function of the forums. You've made a lot of threads lately with subjects which are already discussed recently or still being discussed... ;)

This post was edited on 01-01-2008 at 03:21 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-01-2008 03:17 AM
Ashley_H

O.P. RE: RE: Skin Maker Program.
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Please see "Learner's skin" (and other threads) for something very extremely related (almost exactly the same thing)...

Also, if you extract/export all the resources with Plus!, make sure you've also ticked the option "consolidate the data" and you will almost have what you want because then you can easly see, per window, what resources are being used and you can even easly search the UIFiles for the elements you need.

(But do not use those consolidated resources to make your skin, they are just meant to be used as a reference)

Yes, but that is a skin that teaches people how. The program would just make a skin for you without you having to look through the skin.
01-01-2008 01:49 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: