What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Show previous messages.

Show previous messages.
Author: Message:
Ashley_H

O.P. Show previous messages.
Okay so in WLM if you use the chatlogging feature that comes with it every time you open a conversation, it shows you the text from the last conversation
Any chance you could do this in MPL?

Just a thought.

This post was edited on 01-02-2008 at 01:29 AM by Ashley_H.
01-02-2008 01:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Show previous messages.
I like your idea, I just don't know if Plus! chat logs could be integrated into the conversation like Messenger chat logs.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
01-02-2008 01:40 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
I suggested this a very long time ago, but it hasn't been implemented yet so I doubt it is possible or easy to do. Maybe possibility of encrypted chat logs' existence is making this idea very hard because in order to show you the previous chat in the convo window when you firstly open it, you must enter a password to decrypt the file. Yet, this feature can be considered by Patchou again... Patchou..?
01-02-2008 07:31 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Ashley_H

O.P. RE: Show previous messages.
quote:
... Patchou..?

I doubt calling him in a thread is going to work :P

I thought it may not of been possible, and yeah i suppose encrypted logs could cause a problem. But oh well, have to hope Patchou does see it and see what he thinks.
01-02-2008 06:51 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
encrypted logs would definitively be a problem. I'm still considering adding a feature similar to that in a future update, we'll see how it goes :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
01-05-2008 05:48 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
NuClY

– / Male / Flag
I really miss this feature at Msg+. It can be done in a few ways:

User select in options if he wants last few lines to be displayed when window is opened, and if he selects that, he can then select:

a) 1 - show last lines in window which you open (require password)
    2 - show last lines in window which you open (do not require password)

b) 1 - show last lines in window of person who messaged you (require password)
    2 - show last lines in window of person who messaged you (do not require password)

c)  1 - show last lines in window of person who messaged you AND in those windows which you open (require password)
    2 - show last lines in window of person who messaged you AND in those windows which you open (do not require password)

Explanation:
a) 1 - When you click on some contact a window opens (there are no logs yet)  and another small window (like in logs) open and asks for password. If it's correct last lines of logs are shown if it's wrong no lines are shown (or might window even closes?).
     2 - When you click on some contact a window opens and logs are shown. This can be done by saving logs to temp file and when they reach a few lines they are loged in real log which is password protected. Those tmp file only has last few lines and can be opened without password (only if it's selected in options).

b) The same things as at a) (1,2), but only if a person messages you logs are shown. If you click at some contact there are no logs - only when other contact messages you.

c) The same things as at a) (1,2), but also if another person messages you - you get last lines displayed from people who messages you or at window which you open.

This is a bit more options, but for beginning it can only be made point c) - Any window which is opened shows logs if logs are not password protected or if they are password protected you are asked for password or they may just be displayed without entering password (tmp file or something like this for last lines...).
01-06-2008 11:39 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: