What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » Need help with layoutpos and scrollbar issue..

Need help with layoutpos and scrollbar issue..
Author: Message:
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
O.P. Need help with layoutpos and scrollbar issue..
Okay, so i replaced 20061 in the 1001 definition file with my own image(59005), and subsequently had this:

code:
<BuddyList id=atom(abView) Layout=FillLayout() CmdGroup=guid("{16E32D35-5350-4805-B7F0-5E782510AF6F}") background=rcbkd(59005) />

That all worked fine, and now I wanted to add the option to change the background image to a different one. So I thought, right easy, just use <*PlusSkin*> and came up with this:

code:
<BuddyList id=atom(abView) Layout=FillLayout() CmdGroup=guid("{16E32D35-5350-4805-B7F0-5E782510AF6F}") background=rcbkd

<*PlusSkin Conditions(LargeBG = false) *>(59005)</*PlusSkin*> <*PlusSkin Conditions(LargeBG = true) *> (59004) </*PlusSkin*>

/>

The problem with this being that the second image(59004) would always stretch with the contact list. No matter what <UMxxx>y</UMxxx> values i gave it, part of it would always stretch. I figure this is something to do with the second image(59004) being bigger dimensions that the first image(59005)? But idk...So anyway I decided okay, well what if I add another element to BuddyList, so I came up with this:

code:
<BuddyList id=atom(abView) Layout=FillLayout() CmdGroup=guid("{16E32D35-5350-4805-B7F0-5E782510AF6F}") />
<element content=rcbkd<*PlusSkin Conditions(LargeBG = false) *>(59005)</*PlusSkin*> <*PlusSkin Conditions(LargeBG = true) *> (59004) </*PlusSkin*> layoutpos=right/>

Now, this works perfectly, except for two problems; (1) I can't seem to find a value for "layoutpos" to make the image be in the bottom right corner. (layoutpos=bottomright doesn't work). (2) The image now appears over the scrollbar and contact list, so is there some sort of z-order like in css?

Thanks In advance...

The code I have currently in SkinInfo for the related ids is as follows:
code:
              <BoolVal Name="LargeBG">
                <DispLabel>Change the contact list background to a bigger version</DispLabel>
                <DispHelp>This option makes the contact list background image bigger for larger messenger windows</DispHelp>
                <Default>false</Default>
              </BoolVal>

<Picture Id="59004">
          <File>images/backgroundlarge.png</File>
        </Picture>

<Picture Id="59005">
              <File>images/background.png</File>
            </Picture>

This post was edited on 01-01-2008 at 08:35 PM by vaccination.
[Image: jumbled.png]
01-01-2008 06:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Need help with layoutpos and scrollbar issue..
Well, with much trial and error I've fixed it. I managed to position it using "LayoutPos=Bottom ContentAlign=WrapRight" and got it to display the image underneath the contact list by putting the element before the BuddyList one, ending up with this: (for anyone who runs into a similar problem..)

code:
<element content=rcbkd<*PlusSkin Conditions(LargeBG = false) *>(59005)</*PlusSkin*> <*PlusSkin Conditions(LargeBG = true) *> (59004) </*PlusSkin*> LayoutPos=Bottom ContentAlign=WrapRight   />
<BuddyList id=atom(abView) Layout=FillLayout() CmdGroup=guid("{16E32D35-5350-4805-B7F0-5E782510AF6F}") />

[Image: jumbled.png]
01-02-2008 11:34 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: