What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Ink messages, winks will not be logged

Ink messages, winks will not be logged
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Ink messages, winks will not be logged
I noticed that ink messages I sent or received and also winks aren't being saved in Plus! log files. I know it must be.

I tried with one contact and he said they are logged successfully on his 9.0 messenger. Then I tried with another contact and he said they are NOT logged on his 8.5 final messenger like mine. I repaired, did a refresh install of Plus! but no success (Three of us use XP). It could be a bug with 8.5? Can you give a try? I will wait at least one confirmation.

Windows XP
Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1302.1018
Messenger Plus! Live 4.50.312 (with all scripts disabled)
No skin
No other add-on
12-26-2007 10:12 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Consem
Disabled Account

43 / – / Flag
RE: Ink messages, winks will not be logged
Hello,

ahmetgns, I am running the following:

Windows Vista Home Premium (6.0.6000)
Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1018
Messenger Plus! Live 4.50.0.312

In my chat log's I can see ..

Sent a wink: PICTURE HERE.

Sent an ink message: INK MESSAGE HERE.

So, it work's for me on 8.5 .. Vista.

Thanks.
12-28-2007 04:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
Works fine here too:
Windows XP Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 9.0.1407
12-28-2007 04:33 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Ink messages, winks will not be logged
Thank you guys, now can someone who have a 8.5 and XP combination try this :P?
12-28-2007 08:57 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
I'm running XP and 8.5 with plain text chat logs

it shows up as "You sent a wink:" with no indication of what the wink is

this has been the behaviour since before 4.50 though as i've checked back in past chat-logs

This post was edited on 12-29-2007 at 08:53 PM by djdannyp.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5232 days, 23 hours, 42 minutes, 37 seconds ago
12-28-2007 09:49 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
As far as I know, only HTML logs can save the actual ink messages or winks' thumbnail pictures.

However, on my HTML logs, there is even no sign of an sent/received ink message/wink. It just skips it and only logs texts and emoticons. It does NOT even indicate something like, "An ink message has been sent:"

This post was edited on 12-29-2007 at 09:56 PM by ahmetgns.
12-28-2007 11:30 PM
Consem
Disabled Account

43 / – / Flag
RE: RE: Ink messages, winks will not be logged
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
As far as I know, only HTML logs can save the actual ink messages or winks' thumbnail pictures.

However, on my HTML logs, there is even no sign of an sent/received ink message/wink. It just skips it and only logs texts and emoticons. It does NOT even indicate something like, "An ink message has been sent:"

Hello,

I can see in my Log Viewer teh ink message I wrote and the picture of the wink I sent.

Btw, it work's for me on my other XP computer?

Thanks,

Brayden.
12-29-2007 03:39 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
I thank you Consem for this but you must also state your Messenger version. Is it 8.5 and, to make sure, is your operating system XP? (you can edit your post to add these) Sorry, I completely forgot your first post :$

Others who will try this, please state your messenger and operating system versions.

By the way, why was one option for chat logging changed like: "Save images (default and custom emoticons)". It was only "Save images" in te previous version. Does that mean, in this last version, only emoticons will be recorded, not ink messages or winks :huh: Though some people still say that ink messages and winks are recorded on their computers.

This post was edited on 12-29-2007 at 06:15 PM by ahmetgns.
12-29-2007 05:57 PM
duck!

– / Male / Flag
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger Version 2008  (Build 8.5.1302.1018)
Scripts:
Now playing 1.3.4
MouseyMoo
Skin:
Duck Live 1.00 Alpha

Working fine here to, Shows up correctly
I can test on a couple of other computers if you need :tongue:

This post was edited on 12-29-2007 at 06:21 PM by duck!.
QUACK QUACK QUACK

12-29-2007 06:21 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
I noticed something about this bug. This bug doesn't occur on English versions of Messenger. Because I installed it and tried and everything have been logged. But Turkish version (maybe non-english all versions) prevents Messenger Plus! to log ink messages, winks. Also in Turkish Messenger, the special values "Initiated a file transfer:" and "Searches:" aren't shown in log files. Instead, it shows the normal text written in the sent/received messages part of convo window including "Cancel (Alt+Q)" link (normally it isn't logged in English versions of Messenger). I replaced the English language specific resources file of Messenger with the Turkish lang. spec. resources file in my Messenger folder, then everthing started to work fine. But despite my all efforts, I couldn't find any difference between two language files which affects Plus! in this way.

I want to mention what I did to solve the problem. In a resource hacker, I changed these values below:

Normally in Turkish Messenger when a user sends an ink message, it says,

User yaziyor:
(Ink message here)

But in English version the text is,

User writes:
(Ink message here)

So I did it same as the English file's text then restarted Messenger and I sent an ink message. In my conversation window, it read;

User writes:
(Ink message here)

however, Plus! still didn't log the ink message. Patchou will remember Current User values in Event Log files and the problem with translations of that value, so I think this is a similar bug. I hope Patchou will find an excellent solution to this as well as to the all other bugs reported in this post.

I also found another bug. If user "Groups sequential messages together", then none of the consecutive ink messages except the first one are logged. But consecutive winks, and information about file sendings, searchings and voice clips are recorded. (To make this clear I will write the sentences about these transfers from the Messenger Plus! language file;

Sent a wink: (Wink here)
Initiated a file transfer
Sent a voice clip
Searches: (Searched text here)

Each of these four things can be written consecutively after the same entry as they in Plus! chat log files like;

Sent a wink: (wink here)
Sent a wink: (wink here)

but

Sent an ink message: (Ink message here)

cannot be written after a "Sent an ink message:" entry if user groups consecutive messages together. I hope this is clear.

As a last note, can someone who uses a non-english (also non-Turkish) version of Messenger try this and reply here? I wonder if this is only Turkish Messenger's problem. Thank you in advance.
I couldn't wait you and downloaded German Messenger and checked on it. It logged the ink messages successfully too.

What is wrong with Turkish Messenger? If I can do anything for this before a fixed version of MsgPlus! be released, can you say me that? Note that, while I am playing the Turkish language resources file in Resource Hacker, I could manage Plus! to log ink messages in my Turkish Messenger once but now I don't remember what I did.
OFFTOPIC:
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
it shows up as "You sent a wink:" with no indication of what the wink is
IMHO that is wrong or a kind of bug. Because in language files of Messenger Plus!, for each event description there is two keys, such as:

WriteSend1=Sent an ink message:
WriteSend2=Sent an ink message

So if there will be shown an image after the description of the event, then that must be "Sent an ink message:", however if there won't be shown any image (for example in plain text log files or HTML logs without saving images), then that must be "Sent an ink message".  Same goes for WinkSend1, WinkSend2 and FileSend1, FileSend2 keys.

This post was edited on 12-31-2007 at 08:00 AM by ahmetgns.
12-30-2007 10:07 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: