What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » Input text color question - 920 style

Input text color question - 920 style
Author: Message:
fl33c3bot

O.P. Input text color question - 920 style
Working on a very dark skin, and changed the text input area and message buffer area from white to black.
This was done in the 920 style file. element[id=atom(inputareacont)][class="DefaultWallpaper"] for the text input and convhistory[class="DefaultWallpaper"] for the message buffer.
The problem is that the text is also black, so I can't see what I'm typing and I can't see what people are typing to me.  I added a foreground value to both elements and set it to white, but it didn't do anything. Anyone know where I'd change the text color for input and messages?
12-28-2007 06:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Input text color question - 920 style
ok heres what you do, dont do a foreground colour its the background colour to focus on, set the background to use an argb

Background:argb(70,255,255,255);

this is what me and jason did, what this does is you can see your dark skin in the background but youll have a transparent white background thats just white enough to make the black text visible, the first number is the alpha number so if 70 is enough just increase it until you find the right balance, in our christmas and st patricks themes we used an alpha of 100 in convo window, however in some really bright themes in contact list i had to use a black background with a alpha of 70 .

its all about finding the perfect balance to suit the style your trying to acheive.

if you get stuck give me a shout and ill be happy to help you further.
12-31-2007 11:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
It should work the wa stuart said as thats the way we both changed it in our skin pack
01-01-2008 09:48 PM
fl33c3bot

O.P. RE: Input text color question - 920 style
Yeah, that makes the black text visible.

Ideally I'd like to change the text to white though. I have white text on black background on the contact list, but I can't locate where to change all of the text in the message window to white.

01-03-2008 12:47 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
try editing this one

quote:
Element[Class="HIGStandardFont"]
{
Foreground:rcclr(20014);
Fontface:rcstr(20071);
Fontsize:rcint(20102)pt;
}

instead of the foreground using rcclr of 20014 set it to use an rgb of 255,255,255 and see what results that has and let me know. that starts on line 530
01-03-2008 05:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: