What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » CANT add contacts, they cant add me!

CANT add contacts, they cant add me!
Author: Message:
andyroo54

O.P. CANT add contacts, they cant add me!

Hi all,

Ive searched the forums, and indeed the internet, but Im yet to find any solution to this problem! Hoping you guys can help, as it is frustrating me to no end!

On Windows live messenger, I have retained all of my old contacts, and I can chat to them/and them to me no problem.

But when I try to add a new contact it appears as just their email adress in the contacts.. I was talking to my friend on the phone, if I tried to add him, again, he would appear as an email adress (and he diddnt get an invite)  and if he tried to add me, I diddnt get an invitation etc..

Please help! If this has been covered Im sorry but again I have searched to no avail!

Andy

This post was edited on 01-03-2008 at 10:33 AM by andyroo54.
01-03-2008 10:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
RE: CANT add contacts, they cant add me!
Seems as if you've reached your maximum contact list limit and your contacts are being added as hotmail contacts. How many contacts do you have?
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
01-03-2008 08:38 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
andyroo54

O.P. RE: CANT add contacts, they cant add me!
Hey mate,

Well it was a rough count, and some were hotmail contacts so i skipped them but about 60ish? Whats the limit?

edit and about 40 non IM contacts..

This post was edited on 01-04-2008 at 09:51 AM by andyroo54.
01-04-2008 09:38 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: CANT add contacts, they cant add me!
When Windows Live Messenger has been firstly introduced, I read from Messenger blog that the contact list limit has been increased to 600 contacts. I don't know if they increased it more by now.

Hint: Counting contacts is very easy. You must click on up and down arrow in the "search contact" bar at your contact list and deselect "Show all contacts" and then select "Sort by status" and then collapse every contacts group (Online/Offline/Mobile) and then count and add the numbers for each group ;)
01-04-2008 10:10 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
andyroo54

O.P. RE: CANT add contacts, they cant add me!

While that awnsers a subquestion, the main one remains lol, has anyone else had this problem?
01-04-2008 10:11 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: