What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » making audio work

making audio work
Author: Message:
dobro

O.P. making audio work
I'm trying to get Live audio working so that I can talk/listen with a buddy.

In the wizard, I select the same speaker settings I always do on my system (Channel 1/2 on my M-Audio Delta 44 card), but the wizard's not happy with that, and the only way I can hear the test tune is if I select a very unusual Delta 44 channel called 'Multi'.  Okay, so I select Multi.  It's a small headache to do that though because I can't get the slider to stay up in the wizard window for speaker settings - I drag it up, but the wizard keeps returning it to the bottom.

In the wizard I select my mic settings (Delta 44 1/2 ins), ignore the webcam settings, and Finish.

I phone my friend, and when the connection's established, here's the picture:

1  He can hear me when I speak - the mic settings work.  I can drag my mic slider to the top, and it stays there.  Good.

2  I can't hear him when he talks.  Well, I can sorta hear him.  If I drag the slider on the speaker icon to the top, I can hear him briefly, but the program won't keep the slider there; it keeps falling back to zero.  It exactly replicates the behavior of the slider in the Speaker Settings Wizard.

3  When I click on the speaker icon to drag the slider up, the program automatically reduces the level of the mic slider to zero.  I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to do that.

Anybody know about this one and how to fix it?  I'm really new to WLM.

This post was edited on 01-05-2008 at 12:33 AM by dobro.
01-05-2008 12:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: