What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Constant Contact Adds

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Constant Contact Adds
Author: Message:
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Constant Contact Adds
You HAVE to allow them or block them. I face this problem and it has forced me to register a second account.

As for them coming back, that could be an error server side (they don't get marked as being answered or something)

Closing the group will not help. Also I get messages now saying I've got ~40 "pending requests" that I can't block or accept that show up in a WLM browser window. Do you see any messages similar to that?

This post was edited on 01-04-2008 at 03:58 PM by Spunky.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
01-04-2008 03:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
AlexBRFC

No it doesn't say anything like that. So does that mean I'll have to create a new account? I don't want to though, because I'm signed up for loads of things on this e-mail and it will be really confusing. Any way to delete this account then use the same e-mail or even a solution to my problem because its really annoying!
01-04-2008 11:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
AlexBRFC, did this problem start when you block&delete those contacts? Or just suddenly without you did anything?

If when you deleted&blocked them, then you can untick the Messenger option (Options>Privacy) "Warn me when others add me to their contact lists". this will add them to Allow list automatically when you signin but at least it will prevent Messenger's "contact added you" windows from popping-up.

Also you can give a try to NoRoom's List Manager program:
http://noroom.msnfanatic.com/listmanager/

When you block all of those contacts when Messenger prompt to seect an action for them, sign-in on List Manager and see if block statuses for those contacts have been properly saved at the server side. Then try again the same thing after allowing all of them via Messenger. Because maybe your block list exceeded its limit.

Also with this program, you can delete every contact from all of your Contact list, Allow list and Block list and empty them completely. I am not sure if it helps in any way but it is worth to a try in order not to lose your current account completely.

You can also send emails to those contacts and nicely request them to delete you from their lists.
01-04-2008 11:53 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
AlexBRFC

When I block & delete them that they come up, usually after I've updated the MsgPlus. I'll try that software and see what happens.

tried that list manager but it comes up with an error that reads:

"component "MSWINSCK.OCX" or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

Any ideas?
01-05-2008 12:20 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
Copy the file in the attachment to C:\Windows\system32 after unzipping it.

.zip File Attachment: MSWINSCK.zip (53.5 KB)
This file has been downloaded 134 time(s).

This post was edited on 01-05-2008 at 01:02 AM by ahmetgns.
01-05-2008 01:01 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Copy the file in the attachment to C:\Windows\system32 after unzipping it.
That will not fix it.

quote:
Originally posted by AlexBRFC
tried that list manager but it comes up with an error that reads:

"component "MSWINSCK.OCX" or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

Any ideas?
NoRoom's Listmanager is a VB application, so to start with it requires the VB runtime distributable which can be downloaded from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?f...-9117-f673077ffb3c

Second, read the README.TXT file which is included in the zipfile of the Listmanager, which describe in detail what you need to do (in fact, the error you say you get is explicitly described in the README).

quote:
Troubleshooting
---------------

· "Runtime Error 429 - Active x component can't create object" comes up!
   The program has a few dependancies, which means it requires some files to run.
   Among these files there is "WinHTTP.dll". You should download and register it.
   Read on for further instructions.

· "Component 'MSWINSCK.OCX' [is] not correctly registered: a file is missing" comes up!
   Read above. This time it's "'MSWINSCK.OCX" that's missing. Follow instructions below.

How to register a DLL/OCX
-------------------------
After looking for the file you need on google.com and downloading it, you'll have to register it. I would advise you to put it in your system folder
"C:\Windows\System" for Win98 and "C:\Windows\System32" for WinXP or WinNT.
After doing that, click on Start -> Run... -> Type "regsvr32" followed by a space and the full path to the DLL/OCX you put in the system folder.
Example: "regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\MSWINSCK.OCX".
Press Enter. A confirmation dialog should pop up. If the program still doesn't work after registering all missing files, please report the problem to the email address below. Thank you!

---------------------------------------------

Second, Messenger Plus! does not have any influence in all of this. That it happened after you've upgraded Plus! is only pure coincidence.

Also note that your problem, AlexBRFC, is not necessary exactly the same as Avalancher. So I like Avalancher to answer the question I asked him.

PS: I realy do NOT recommend to disable "Warn me when others add me to their contact lists", like ahmetgns has suggested. If you do that then you will have a whole bunch of spammers in your lists in no-time. Moreover, your other lists (eg: reverse list) might get full in no-time too.

And as last comment: did you already contacted Microsoft about your problem? There is a feedback-link in the Help menu for exactly such reasons....

;)

This post was edited on 01-05-2008 at 03:24 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-05-2008 03:09 AM
AlexBRFC

I'll try that, and I read the read-me file and not sure if it worked. Register it? And you said that the two problems are not necessarily the same? I think they are because I have to 'close the group' too to save time in adding/blocking each deleted contact. I've e-mailed MSN help but no reply as yet.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Second, Messenger Plus! does not have any influence in all of this. That it happened after you've upgraded Plus! is only pure coincidence.
Yeah but it happens every single time I upgrade Messenger Plus! and also every time I log onto MSN Messenger from another computer or another User account on my own computer.
01-05-2008 11:35 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Plus! has got absolutely nothing todo with this. The reason it also happens when you upgrade Plus! is because updating Plus! requires Messenger to be restarted.

When you mail MS about this problem they will answer you within a few days (at max). Provided you filled in the form properly of course.

The problem of Avalancher might be slithly different in that he maybe has always ignored the popups ("closing the group") instead of actually ticking an option. It might be that once he does select an option and confirms the popups his problem is gone.

Registering the OCXs is done like it is stated in the readme:
Go to Start > Run then type in:
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\mswinsck.ocx and press enter. You will see a popup which confirms that the file has been registered.

This post was edited on 01-05-2008 at 12:50 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-05-2008 12:48 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
that's if on xp, vista is a whole different kettle of fish for registering dlls and 64bit even more confusing too
01-05-2008 11:41 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: