What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Help] Contact List Window

[Help] Contact List Window
Author: Message:
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Help] Contact List Window
I put this question in another post I created but it has another title so I don;t think anyone will find it there. So, How I can change the text color of the infobar and the string "Advertisement". Thanks for your time.
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
01-09-2008 04:34 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: [Help] Contact List Window
You have been told how to change text colour of links. All text is done in the same way, just find the element you are after in the style file and alter it. Pressing CTRL+F and searching for a certain string usually works quite well
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
01-09-2008 05:15 PM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Help] Contact List Window
I know the way. But I don't know the Id of the string "Advertisement". Thanks anyway. If you find it, just let me know.
01-09-2008 05:19 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
I have found it... I just want you to use your initiative... It's the only way to learn.
01-09-2008 05:44 PM
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
i think its one of the bottom ones in the file (i can't remember what definition/style file it is)
01-09-2008 05:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by freak544
i can't remember what definition/style file it is

01-09-2008 05:50 PM
vikke

31 / Male / Flag
How-to Think Skinning

I wrote this tutorial because I want to get rid of mostly questions which looks the same. This tutorial will cover how to think when skinning. To understand this, you will need a fully-working brain, and the ability to read. And make sure you understand pretty much everything.

Start off by extracting Messenger's resources from the MP!L Preferences window, you can extract them to any folder you want. Make sure you've ticked all the boxes except for the MP!L interfaces, these are only necessary if you want to skin MP!L, not WLM.

Let's start with a simple example, change the color of the "Advertisment" text in the contact list. What do we know? We know that the string that is getting showed in the contact list is "Advertisment". So let's open up the folder you extracted Messenger's resources to. Open up the Consolidated Windows folder, each folder inside contains the resources for each window. The contact list is the main window of WLM, so with a bit of thinking we open the folder called "923 (mainwnd)". Now open the file called "923 Style.txt", as it contains contents and properties for different elements defined in the "923 Definition.txt" file. Just do a search on "Advertisment", and there you go!
I come up with these lines:
code:
Element[ID=Atom(SSTitle)]
{
    Fontface:"Tahoma";
    FontSize:8pt;
    Foreground:rgb(144,169,205);
    Content:"Advertisment";
}

Above the "Content:"Advertisment";" you'll find this line: "Foreground:rgb(144,169,205);". Just edit the RGB values, to get it to change color. R stands for red, G for green, B for blue. If you're not familiar of the RGB-method, you can use this website to create your colors: http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html. After you've found the correct color, replace the values like this "Foreground:rgb(<R-value>,<G-value>,<B-value>);".

Edit: I thought this quick tutorial could help. Enjoy. :)
I did not mean to be rude in any way, but mostly questions are of the same kind (not only questions from you, but from most people).

This post was edited on 01-09-2008 at 06:11 PM by vikke.
01-09-2008 06:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Help] Contact List Window
Thanks. I have done what you said but I have written "advertisment" in this way ( advertisement ) so it didn't show it when I did the search. Thanks again. 
01-09-2008 08:22 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: