What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Resend invitation?

Resend invitation?
Author: Message:
trenzterra

O.P. Resend invitation?
If i have added someone on WLM and the person accidentally closed the 'accept' dialogue, is it possible for me to add him again and allow the 'accept' dialogue to pop up for him again? thanks

Also, for someone I added, the person accepted me, however I still see his email instead of his actual nick and he does not appear to have come online at all since I added him... what might be the problem?

in the process of adding my new class so yeah..

01-13-2008 09:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Quantum
Disabled Account

Away.

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Resend invitation?
If you just closed the box and didn't block & refuse the guy, yes you can do it again and he will get it soon.

Not shure about the second one but someone will know.
No longer here.
01-13-2008 09:54 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Resend invitation?
quote:
Originally posted by trenzterra
If i have added someone on WLM and the person accidentally closed the 'accept' dialogue, is it possible for me to add him again and allow the 'accept' dialogue to pop up for him again? thanks
quote:
Originally posted by john-t
If you just closed the box and didn't block & refuse the guy, yes you can do it again and he will get it soon.
john-t, either you or me misunderstood trenzterra. I will reply according to my understanding.

If you add someone, then that info will be registered at your contact's side. So when he signs in Messenger, even if you are not online at that moment, his Messenger checks the server and if there is anyone who has newly added him, then his Messenger will prompt the Contact Add window. The important thing with this problem is "how he closed the window (accidentally or not)- by pressing on Cancel or X button, or, by pressing on OK button. For the former possibility, you don't have to do anything. Your contact have to sign out and sign in again, that window will pop-up again. For the latter possibility, your contact must go Messenger Options>Privacy and press on the button "View" or "Display" to view the contacts who have added him. Then he should find your e-mail address and/or display name and right click on it and choose "Add to contacts...". Then you'll be added to his contact list.

As you see you can do nothing for all of these. All of them is up to your contact. I mean readding the contact is the most useless thing and a waste of time as well.
quote:
Originally posted by trenzterra
Also, for someone I added, the person accepted me, however I still see his email instead of his actual nick and he does not appear to have come online at all since I added him... what might be the problem?
You cannot get the display names of contacts who you have added unless they come online.  Even if they come online, they may have been using their e-mail address as their display names, you cannot do anything.

If you are sure he is Online, make sure you are not blocked by him. If you are not blocked, then your contacts cache may have been corrupted. To fix it tick this option: Messenger Options>Security>"This is a shared computer, don't store my address book, personal message and display picture here". Then signout, resignin and untick the option above. Make sure your contact is online at that moment and chech your contact list to see him online there.

This post was edited on 01-13-2008 at 10:48 PM by ahmetgns.
01-13-2008 10:45 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: