What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » WLM 9 Refuses to tile images :(

WLM 9 Refuses to tile images :(
Author: Message:
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. WLM 9 Refuses to tile images :(
Hi everybody,
I'm currently working on a skin (I've been working on-and-off for the last few months as some testers may know :P) but in WLM 9 all of my backgrounds which should be tiled (that is, appear in a mozaic pattern) are appearing stretched instead. I have tried both omitting UM data altogether and setting to 0, neither of which results in tiling of the images in question.
In WLM 8.5 the tiling is working perfectly fine (as it should be), but WLM 9 is being very stubborn and it's really frustrating me at this point in time.
These images show how they appear in WLM 9 and how it should appear, as viewed in WLM 8.5:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=883847]

Any insight would be largely appreciated.

Thanks
Volv

.jpg File Attachment: tile_v_stretch.jpg (88.61 KB)
This file has been downloaded 237 time(s).
01-25-2008 03:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
RE: WLM 9 Refuses to tile images :(
If you set the data to 0, then the picture will stretch. I once faced this problem with a background. I suggest you put a big setting for UM like 1000. The picture doesn't have details so nothing is going to be hidden. Please let me know if I was helpful. I hope so.
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
01-25-2008 06:10 PM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: WLM 9 Refuses to tile images :(
quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
If you set the data to 0, then the picture will stretch. I once faced this problem with a background. I suggest you put a big setting for UM like 1000. The picture doesn't have details so nothing is going to be hidden. Please let me know if I was helpful. I hope so.
Thanks for the suggestion, but keeping the image with no resizing (as your suggesting) is not what I'm trying to achieve.
What I want it to do is tile my 16x16 pixel image so that it repeats the same image over and over (as it should be default), but whilst it works in WLM 8.5 it refuses to work in WLM 9.0.
Perhaps if I include the image which I'm trying to tile (repeat/mozaic) it may help to explain my issue: [Image: attachment.php?pid=884101]

Any other help would be appreciated, thanks.

.png File Attachment: tile.png (175 bytes)
This file has been downloaded 187 time(s).

This post was edited on 01-26-2008 at 12:24 PM by Volv.
01-26-2008 12:23 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: