What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » How to disable colored names?

How to disable colored names?
Author: Message:
Boby5

O.P. How to disable colored names?
Okay, so my problem is that, my friends use some pretty ugly colored names, so I'd like to disable the colors.

I managed to disable colored names in the partner list window, but I can still see the names colored in the conversation window :(

Pls help, and thanx :)
01-18-2008 05:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: How to disable colored names?
In Messenger Plus Preferences go to the "Customize" Tab, then at the bottom uncheck the option "Use formatting attribute to color contact names in Message windows"
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5238 days, 14 hours, 7 minutes, 2 seconds ago
01-18-2008 05:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: How to disable colored names?
Or use this registry setting (which has been made avaliable for people like you, I think). I find it more useful. With this setting, formatting codes will be parsed but not interpreted, so you won't see ugly spaces which you see while using djdannyp's method. Also this method doesn't disable formatting like bold, italic, it disables only colors. Also this method disables the colors in Plus! windows like Plus! toasts as well. djdannyp's method applies only to original Messenger windows. [edit]
quote:
Originally posted by Boby5
I managed to disable colored names in the partner list window, but I can still see the names colored in the conversation window :(
It will disable colorizing in conversation windows as well. Good for you. [edit-2]But note that this option will prevent you from using inline colorizing in your messages. I hope that is not a big deal for you. You can still colorize  your display name/psm and use inline colorizing in your messages but they will be visible only to the contacts who haven't disabled colors like you did.[/edit-2][/edit]

\Preferences        ShowTextColorDefault         dword         1
Boolean value. If false (0), color tags and codes are parsed but not interpreted. This registry setting affects every part of the software.

For more info: Registry Settings

I reported this problem with the option djdannyp said, here: Using formatting attributes to COLOR contact names.... BUG. If nothing is done in the next release, I will consider making the option more meaningful at least in my language. Otherwise, you see, people think it is only about colors.

This post was edited on 01-20-2008 at 04:10 PM by ahmetgns.
01-20-2008 06:16 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: