What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » export messenger plus logs (and upgrade)

export messenger plus logs (and upgrade)
Author: Message:
Psykotik

O.P. export messenger plus logs (and upgrade)
Hi all,

My issue is quite specialized. Well, I think it is the case, since I cannot find anything related to on the board.

I've been a messenger plus user since a long time. Since then, I installed on many different MSN releases, long before the MSN live one.

However, I didn't had use of MSN since a few months (years?), and I've recently upgraded from an old release to the last one. An upgrade also included Messenger Plus.

But... I can't access anymore my contact history ! I mean, I can read it using the history reader, but can't access the individual history related to my contacts. In other words, if I select a friend of mine, right click on it, and want to see its history, I can't, though I could have a look using the "general" history reader. I checked if the history folder is right, and it is. Maybe a hierarchical change into folders ? My old logs files where named "contact23542345.xml", but I don't know if I have to rename them, to change their folder, etc.

I'm also looking to be able to export my history. I'm looking to use the tool "im-history.com", but since I'm (more and more) switching to linux, I need to access "clean" MSN logs, and not the messenger plus 'ized logs. Which means converting my logs from the xml format I currently have, to a more standard format.

This last point is very important to me; could anyone help me?

Thanks!
02-04-2008 03:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: export messenger plus logs (and upgrade)
I am having difficulties understanding what you mean. Read these and ask again please.

Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live are separate programs. Both can log conversations, but WLM logs them in XML format and MP!L logs them in HTML or TXT format. WLM's default path for message history is My Documents\My Received Files\youremail123456\History. MP!L' default path for chat logs is My Documents\My Chat Logs. Both destinations can be changed.

WLM and MP!L have their own viewer windows. You can see WLM's when you open one of your contacts' message history from inside WLM. You can see MP!L's by opening it from Plus! menus at contact list or opening one of your contacts' [u]Plus![u] chat log from inside WLM.

After right clicking on a contact in contact list, you can open both chat logs: To open WLM's, select View>Message History, to open MP!L's, select Messenger Plus! Features>Open Chat Log...

ok? please ask your question again by explaining what you want to do thoroughly.
02-05-2008 03:19 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Psykotik

O.P. RE: export messenger plus logs (and upgrade)
Sorry for not being clear enough. But as a read your explanations... it seems I was wrong.

I was wrong because my history is not at MP!L default format, but at WLM. I don't understand why, since I've been using MP!L for years; who knows, I've never configured in that way.

Thanks to your explanations, I've been able to upload the right data to im-history.com

Thanks for your support, ahmetgns.
02-06-2008 01:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: