What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Color gradient & idle status

Color gradient & idle status
Author: Message:
Rahat

Mystery Inc.

37 / Male / –
O.P. Color gradient & idle status
hello, i applied the color gradient in my nick; like a mixture of red & green like the bangladesh flag; but some contacts say that they don't actually see any color in my nick :( :( so is msg plus required for them also to view my colours?
also, what is the 'idle' status? there is no such status in msn but some of my contacts sometimes have idle status. can anyone expalin it??
thank you~
01-23-2008 08:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Color gradient & idle status
People should use Messenger Plus! Live to see gradient colors in all of nicks, psms, current media you are listening because the bbcode which can give a gradient effect to your message is supported by only Messenger Plus! Live. Though people should use Messenger Plus! Live to see every kind of formatting on nicks, psms etc because original Messenger doesn't support these formatting tags.

Idle status is set only when you don't touch mouse or keyboard for a while (you set the delay in Messenger Options>"Show me as Away if I'm inactive for X minutes"). Note that the option says Away, but this Away is different from the original Away and Messenger Plus! can distinguish these two Aways and when appropriate, it shows one Away as Idle. People who don't use Messenger Plus! can never see this status on their contacts. Search forums for more information, there are lots of threds about this Idle.

This post was edited on 01-23-2008 at 08:59 PM by ahmetgns.
01-23-2008 08:57 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Color gradient & idle status
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Idle status is set only when you don't touch mouse or keyboard for a while (you set the delay in Messenger Options>"Show me as Away if I'm inactive for X minutes"). Note that the option says Away, but this Away is different from the original Away and Messenger Plus! can distinguish these two Aways and when appropriate, it shows one Away as Idle. People who don't use Messenger Plus! can never see this status on their contacts. Search forums for more information, there are lots of threds about this Idle.

Just to clarify, instead of being set as "Away" after x minutes, WLM sets you to another status called "Away", however some programs give you the option to change the second away status to "Idle" to distinguish the two fromeach other
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
01-24-2008 03:54 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: