What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Flash CS3 Problem => Components.. How?

Flash CS3 Problem => Components.. How?
Author: Message:
Exca

Not illiteral, just ignoring you

36 / Male / –
O.P. Flash CS3 Problem => Components.. How?
Hello people. I'm building a new website and I came to the point where I have to use components. If you visit www.exca.be you can see I have put scrollbars on places where the possibility exists that the text is bigger than the space provided.

Anyway, these scrollbars are just plain white. They are also like this when I put them in my flash-document. They snap good, but it's folder (with images) doesn't appear in the library, only the "UI Scrollbar" itself. The text isn't long enough, but I bet they don't work.

Not knowing what to do I proceeded to my gallery. I have bought a gallery as a component and put it in my flash document. In there, everything looks fine except for the images who are not there yet. But also, no folder appeared in the library (although I don't know if the gallery should do that or not in normal behaviour).

When I rightclick in the library on either the scrollbar or the gallery, and then click properties it says "Create an instance of this swf symbol and edit its properties using the Parameters paner or Component Parameters Panel". I don't understand that either...

So I tried in a new blank flash file. If I drag the scrollbarcomponent on the first frame I have, the library this time does have a folder with the scrollbar's images.
If I go to the properties, I dó can access everything.

So what's wrong in the flashdocument of my website, it's only there where it happens.
To give you a idea how everything sticks togheter: everything after the preloader is placed in one movieclip. The preloader itself is builded in the root.

By the way, i'm NOT searching for another solution to get a scrollbar; it must be done with the components.

Thanks in advance

This post was edited on 12-23-2007 at 11:24 PM by Exca.
But that is my opinion!

[Image: djexcaround.gif]
12-23-2007 11:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Exca

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Flash CS3 Problem => Components.. How?
Well I studied a bit.

My Publish Settings were on Actionscript2 and Flash Player 8. If I open a new document it's on Actionscript3 and Flash Player 9.

The components only seem to work in the last setting, so in the document of my website I turned on ActionScript3 and Flash Player 9.

Hoeray: If I drag the scrollbar in my document it's there with all the components!!
But my hope faded away very soon. Now on Action Script 3; I get all kinds of errors during export. Variable names for textfields don't work it says, so my external text doesn't load. Also, the timers I made don't work, he ignores commands like stop(); ... in general he ignores ALL the actionscript I put in there. Also the preloader doesn't work...

WHY?? I think i'm gonna cry... why can't this work

(By the way: I've got a tutorial here which has a working component scrollbar in it; and it's on ActionScript 1 and Flash Player 6... I don't even have a components library when setting a document on AS1! But as his document works in my flash... there must be something wrong configured, althoug I can only put a scrollbar in a document on AS3)
But that is my opinion!

12-24-2007 11:40 AM
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Flash CS3 Problem => Components.. How?
I guess this is because Actionscript 3 is completely different from AS 2, and totally not compatible.
[Image: 1-0.png]

12-24-2007 02:39 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Exca

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Flash CS3 Problem => Components.. How?
All solved! :)
But that is my opinion!

12-26-2007 10:57 PM
bigbob85

Is Good, Is Bob...

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Flash CS3 Problem => Components.. How?
Wish I seen this earlier...
* bigbob85 loves Flash CS3

Glad you solved it anyway..
AS2 and AS3 are fairly different. AS3 is more strict, and class bassed.
[Image: signature-user=16&back=2&clr=0,0,0&size=100.png]
01-31-2008 09:17 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: