What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Personalized Status

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Personalized Status
Author: Message:
ficho01

Scrapper

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. Happy  Personalized Status
I'm 24/7 logged into Messenger and I very often used personalized statuses...
The thing is, when I lose my Internet connection (it has to reconnect every 24 hours) I get kicked out from Messenger for about a minute or two, till my connections establishes again. When I resign back, the personalized status disappears and is set to online again. It's pretty dull when I resign back to MSN in the middle of the night and am online again until MSN sets me to Idle after 10 minutes. So, any way how to remain the personalized status after resigning?
01-26-2008 12:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ficho01

Scrapper

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Personalized Status
Anyone?

I saw some of my contacts re-signing in with a personalized status...*-)
01-29-2008 03:17 PM
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Personalized Status
Look through the scripts there might be one there I think its called something simular to remember status as I used it before

If I find it I will post the link

Edit: I think this is what your looking for

http://msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/24-Remember-Status/

This post was edited on 01-29-2008 at 04:06 PM by freak544.
01-29-2008 03:44 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
As CookieRevised stated at Remember Status's page, that script cannot remember a personalized status.

CookieRevised's reply to Can't make a clean shortcut to "online" status

Personalized Statuses should be recalled from memory even if there is a connection drop. That is why
quote:
Originally posted by ficho01
I saw some of my contacts re-signing in with a personalized status...
However I tried it and if WLM fails to resign in for three or more attempts, Messenger Plus! forgets the personalized status and your personalized status is removed from your messenger. Can you give this a try? For example, break your connection while there is a personalized status, and connect it again before WLM attempts to reconnect for the third time. Then do the same thing and wait for WLM to attempt to reconnect for more than two times, then after third attempt, connect to the internet again and see what happens, if your personalized status will be removed from your messenger.

However, your status shouldn't be changed after a disconnection. For example, if you set yourself as Away while setting a personalized status, then even if personalized status (name tag, psm or auto responder message) is removed, your Away status should be remembered by WLM itself. So I couldn't understand how your status changes to Online at middle of the night. However remember that, if you don't wait WLM to reconnect automatically after a disconnection and if you press on "Connect now", then the status you see at sign in window of WLM will be set and this will cause personalized status to be removed. However I think while your WLM disconnects and tries to reconnect again, you must be sleeping and can't touch your computer. Then why does your messenger switch to Online status after the disconnection?

This post was edited on 01-30-2008 at 10:10 AM by ahmetgns.
01-30-2008 10:02 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ficho01

Scrapper

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Personalized Status
ahmtgens - You were right again.
First, I enabled "Remember Status" script.
After that, I broke the connection and connected again immediately. I signed in back with the personalized status.
Broke connection once again...
The fourth time Messenger tried to reconnect I established Internet connection, signed in but lost the personalized status...

freak544 - Thanks, but I think it just remembers Messengers default statuses...
01-30-2008 02:51 PM
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
thats ok but isn't there another script thats remembers it i am sure that once with the previous version of MP!L i lost connection and was signed in with thte same status message
01-30-2008 03:08 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
Thank you ficho01 for trying and confirming the fourth sign in attempt problem.

I hope Patchou hears us and do something so that perso. statuses should be kept in memory for all sign in attempts of WLM. I find this problem very annoying too and cannot trust Plus! while setting a perso status and leaving the computer for a while.

quote:
Originally posted by freak544
thats ok but isn't there another script thats remembers it i am sure that once with the previous version of MP!L i lost connection and was signed in with thte same status message
There is no way to make Plus! Live to remember a personalised status, see CookieRevised's reply to [REQUEST] Remember Status.

But why you could sign in with your personalized status is because your WLM could sign in for the first three attempts after the disconnection. If it couldn't sign in for all of first three attempts too, then you would have lost your personalized status.
01-30-2008 03:18 PM
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
Oh right yeah I understand that but I am sure that one it did remember what I put as my personal status how I don't know but maybe it was a glitch or I lost connection and reconnected that quick that msn didn't realise or somthing like that

Or maybe I was just dreaming about it lol
01-30-2008 03:27 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Messenger Plus! keeps the personalised status for 5 minutes after a connection has been lost. At least, it's supposed to.
[Image: signature2.gif]
01-30-2008 05:39 PM
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Messenger Plus! keeps the personalised status for 5 minutes after a connection has been lost. At least, it's supposed to.

So I wasn't seeing things I thought this happened to me once lol
01-30-2008 06:01 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: