What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Tab Notice

Tab Notice
Author: Message:
Eric Hamby

O.P. Tab Notice
is there a way to make the tabs blink or do somehitng to let me know who has sent me a message.
01-27-2008 06:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Tab Notice
The tabs do flash don't they :S
01-27-2008 06:37 PM
Eric Hamby

O.P. RE: Tab Notice
not for me. i cant use sound where i am so i get a flashing thin in the task bar but when i maximize it there is no way to tell who it is that sent the im
01-27-2008 06:41 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
Tabs do flash by default and afaik there is no option to disable flashing.

Can you bother to repair Windows Live Messenger (Add or Remove Programs>Windows Live Messenger>Click here for support>Repair) and then Messenger Plus! Live (Add or Remove Programs>Messenger Plus! Live>Repair Messenger [You have to have latest MP!L 4.50 to have the Repair option there]).

If this doesn't solve the problem, can you post the versions of operating system, WLM and MP!L and the Messenger Plus! skin you use if any. You can list these all with the System Info tag of Messenger Plus!. Just type and send (!VER) in a conversation and make it list all. Then copy paste it here.
01-27-2008 09:43 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Eric Hamby

well i found what it was. my msn is set to solid black. when its black you cant see the names or the flash. is there a way to change font color withough haveing to change the color of msn
01-27-2008 10:07 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
You cannot change the font color of tabs but you can change the flash color.

Messenger Plus! Live - Registry Settings

In the above page, it explains how to set registry settings. The key's name you must create and set is TabChatFlashColor. It makes the tabs flash with the color you choose. For example type FFFFFF as the value of key, and it will make it flash with white color.

Please read the paragraphs of that page carefully before asking any question about registry settings.

This post was edited on 01-27-2008 at 11:16 PM by ahmetgns.
01-27-2008 11:08 PM
Eric Hamby

Thank you
01-27-2008 11:08 PM
HyCe

sorry for reviving this topic. i've searched out but only this topic has a relation with my problem.

is it really not possible to change the font color of the tabs or it's background color ?

i've just installed the Vista Ultimate Skin (http://www.msgpluslive.net/skins/view/29-VISTA-Ultimate/) and i really like it.

The problem is, since this mask is dark, the tabs are black and the font is also black. So, i can't see the names. So either i change the background color or the font color.

Is this possible to solve ? on the skin or by me  ?

thanks in advance :)
02-28-2008 01:05 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by HyCe
is it really not possible to change the font color of the tabs or it's background color ?
As far as I know it's not possible, but make sure applying the registry setting talked in this thread so you can at least find people who message you from these flashing tabs easily.

And I have a question to Patchou about the fonts in these tabs.

Why can't we see our contacts' colorful names colorful in these tabs? Why do it convert all the names to black? This is a question mark in my head indeed!

Also can you do what HyCe asks, put color options for background and text of tabs, similar to the options for Desktop Contacts windows'?
02-28-2008 09:42 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Why can't we see our contacts' colorful names colorful in these tabs? Why do it convert all the names to black? This is a question mark in my head indeed!
Anyone who knows the asnwer?

The only thing I can think for these black names in tabs is, the active window's contact's name is made bold to distinguish it easily from the others and to know the active tab. But we can already see that contact's name at top of the regular convo window, so is it really worth to disable beatutiful colors and other formatting of names in tabs :s ?
03-05-2008 09:35 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: