What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [SUGGESTION] Install Plus! for only one account of Messenger

[SUGGESTION] Install Plus! for only one account of Messenger
Author: Message:
checobeltran

O.P. Grin  [SUGGESTION] Install Plus! for only one account of Messenger

Man, it would be great to install Messenger Plus! for only one account of Windows Live.

:D

Let me explain it,

my boss sometimes takes my computer and uses Windows Live Messenger, but he gets angry if i install software in this PC,so i need to uninstall Plus! each time he uses this PC.

:S

i dont know how could you do it, but i know its not impossible, maybe hard.

(Y)

but it would be great for next version,  to choice if we want Plus! only for specific users,

;)

so my boss will never know that its something new in pc, or configure Plus for 1st time use.

If someone else wants this feature in next version please say

I Want This Feature In Next Version

This post was edited on 01-23-2008 at 05:24 PM by checobeltran.
01-23-2008 05:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [SUGGESTION] Install Plus! for only one account of Messenger
You don't need to uninstall Messenger Plus! Live when you are leaving your computer to your boss. Just take msimg32.dll file out of Messenger folder (Windows Live Messenger's installation folder is C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\ or C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\) This file is the loader of Messenger Plus! Live and is used to load Messenger Plus! Live onto Windows Live Messenger.

However you can make this more easy. Create a second copy of Messenger folder and remove that msimg32 file out of it. So when you are starting Messenger, use the exe in the first folder (or a shortcut whose destination is that exe) and make your boss use a second shortcut whose destination is the other msnmsgr.exe in the second folder. So your boss will not have Messenger Plus! Live in his Messenger.

Also there is a new way which prevents Messenger Plus! Live from being loaded onto WLM.
quote:
Originally written in Change Log
The following command line options can now be specified for msnmsgr.exe (Messenger) :
/PlusSkin="name of skin". Launches Messenger with the specified skin loaded
/PlusEnabled=0. Launches Messenger without loading Messenger Plus! into it.
I am not sure this can help you though.

Edit:
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
you can create a shortcut with that command and hide all other shortcuts so that he MUST click that and plus! doesn't load.
Yes, that is very easy. Open the features of the shortcut of WLM and add " /PlusEnabled=0 " at the end of the destination. Note that there is space before / character. Make it visible to your boss, and make a new one for you which doesn't have that added command at its destination's end and hide it from your boss.

This post was edited on 01-23-2008 at 09:53 PM by ahmetgns.
01-23-2008 09:21 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: [SUGGESTION] Install Plus! for only one account of Messenger
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Also there is a new way which prevents Messenger Plus! Live from being loaded onto WLM.

quote:Originally written in Change Log
    The following command line options can now be specified for msnmsgr.exe (Messenger) :

you can create a shortcut with that command and hide all other shortcuts so that he MUST click that and plus! doesn't load.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
01-23-2008 09:44 PM
checobeltran

O.P. RE: RE: [SUGGESTION] Install Plus! for only one account of Messenger
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
You don't need to uninstall Messenger Plus! Live when you are leaving your computer to your boss. Just take msimg32.dll file out of Messenger folder (Windows Live Messenger's installation folder is C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\ or C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\) This file is the loader of Messenger Plus! Live and is used to load Messenger Plus! Live onto Windows Live Messenger.

However you can make this more easy. Create a second copy of Messenger folder and remove that msimg32 file out of it. So when you are starting Messenger, use the exe in the first folder (or a shortcut whose destination is that exe) and make your boss use a second shortcut whose destination is the other msnmsgr.exe in the second folder. So your boss will not have Messenger Plus! Live in his Messenger.

quote:
Originally written in Change Log

Edit:
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
Yes, that is very easy. Open the features of the shortcut of WLM and add " /PlusEnabled=0 " at the end of the destination. Note that there is space before / character. Make it visible to your boss, and make a new one for you which doesn't have that added command at its destination's end and hide it from your boss.

thanks a lot for this tip,

i will test it, hope it works =)
01-30-2008 07:00 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: