What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request]Stop Contact List Jumping

[Request]Stop Contact List Jumping
Author: Message:
dexluther

O.P. [Request]Stop Contact List Jumping
Ok well ever Since WLM (MSN7.5 didn't have this problem) the contact list has a nasty habit of jumping all over the place. This happens when your contacts change between Online and Offline (Away, Busy, etc has no effect).

When you're trying to scroll through your list and people are coming and going your contact list will jump to focus on your selection. This is especially annoying when you've got a long active list. You get halfway down and it jumps back up to the top somewhere (or where ever your selected contact is).

Is it possible to have a script that stops WLM from focusing on the selected contact? Or would it be more something that would have to be coded as a feature into Plus! itself? Possibly toggled by the "Scroll Lock" button?

Thank-You
-Dex
01-30-2008 07:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request]Stop Contact List Jumping
probably not with a script, but why dont you scroll down by clicking on the top contact then use your arrow key to move down the list, that way your selected will always be on screen :D
01-30-2008 07:51 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
Or even better... use the search bar in your contact list? :P
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
01-30-2008 12:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
I got sort of used to selecting a group name or myself (I've added myself to my list) to prevent this from happening.

Doesn't mean it's not annoying though...
Man is least himself when he is in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. (Oscar Wilde)
01-30-2008 03:49 PM
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
I have a simular problem as mine also jumps to the top when some one signs ib but it don't really bother me and if I select a contact near the bottom after a short period of time it jumps to the top of the list

Searching for contacts is a good idea but when you have loads of contacts and they changer there screen names it can get a bit annoying
01-30-2008 03:56 PM
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by freak544
Searching for contacts is a good idea but when you have loads of contacts and they changer there screen names it can get a bit annoying
It will search by both screen name and email, so if you know their email it doesn't matter what their screen name is.
Man is least himself when he is in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. (Oscar Wilde)
01-30-2008 04:11 PM
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
Yeah but I go more by peoples screen names than there email addresses as some people may have lets says for example xxjess..... in there name and I find that if you search jess is doesn't show it but if you search xxjess it does show up and if they have _ or in there name can make it a bit more difficult to remember the email address thats why I search using a keyword from there screen name rather than there email

But its still annoyin that after a while the contact list jumps to the top when your scrolling down the list
01-30-2008 04:16 PM
dexluther

O.P. RE: RE: [Request]Stop Contact List Jumping
quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
quote:
Originally posted by freak544
It will search by both screen name and email, so if you know their email it doesn't matter what their screen name is.

You can't search if you're just looking at who's online.

It might be something that would have to be included as a feature in Plus itself though.

This post was edited on 02-01-2008 at 03:47 PM by dexluther.
02-01-2008 03:46 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: