What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Group chat contacts - self join - auto reinvite?

Group chat contacts - self join - auto reinvite?
Author: Message:
Webteam

O.P. Group chat contacts - self join - auto reinvite?
I have a small group of contacts that I would like to keep in a group chat.

I don't know of any way that they can individually join a messenger chat group session -- e.g., since they have to be invited by a existing member of the chat group.

However, I figure there has got to be a script out there that will reinvite a member that leaves the chat group or signs into msn and is not currently in the group chat ... if we had a host user on one of our servers running the script, it could just keep the group chat alive...

Does any one know of a script like this or another way this can be accomplished?

Jared
01-30-2008 08:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
banky

Fwee

34 / Male / –
RE: Group chat contacts - self join - auto reinvite?
quote:
Originally posted by Webteam
However, I figure there has got to be a script out there that will reinvite a member that leaves the chat group or signs into msn and is not currently in the group chat ... if we had a host user on one of our servers running the script, it could just keep the group chat alive...

It might be possible to invite them when they sign onto msn if they're not on. But as for inviting them if they leave this wont be done simply, because if they leave they more then likely don't want to be in the conversation.. and would be quite annoying to get re-invited everytime they leave.

I could understand a Script such as allowing

Group Invite
Invite on Sign-In
Sync Invite.

More in-depth.

Group Invite
Invite all contact's in desired group to a chat.

Invite on Sign-In
Scan group for contact who signed in, if in the group that the chat is made for invite that person.

Sync Invite
Check current people in chat and compare to people in the  group.. and invite people to the chat whom aren't already present..

Or the easy way you could make a quick text with settings similar to this:

Fast Send Shortcut(I Chose Ctrl+0) but you can choose anything.

Message(s):
/invite *email*
/invite *email*
/invite *email*

etc...

Line Breaks: Create multiple messages.

Change *email* to a contact's email.

Then simply make a line break for how ever many people you'll be wanting to be in this chat everytime you hit the shortcut to activate the quick text.

01-30-2008 11:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Webteam

O.P. RE: Group chat contacts - self join - auto reinvite?
Thanks for the response -- I will explore those options.

I know I can easily invite a whole group by right clicking on the group -- that's pretty nice.  But I just made a quick-text -- I love that one -- if I'm there, I'll be using that now :-)

I even made scripts using the UNeed AI -- so I can use simple keywords to invite them ... but it was one at a time :-)  And I couldn't find 1 command to invite the whole group.

This is a work group team -- I wish they could just sign themselves in each time they logged in -- I'm not always available to make sure the group chat is maintained properly -- so communication is shared with the whole team.

I think what I'm looking for is a "CHAT ROOM" that uses MSN as the client :-)

Thank you so much for your ideas -- I'll continue to explore.
02-01-2008 12:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: