What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Contacts on Desktop

Contacts on Desktop
Author: Message:
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. Contacts on Desktop
I'm not sure if this is a known bug, if so please just direct me to it, and this post will be deleted, solves all arguements then...

anyway, i use Contacts on Desktop, but the only thing is that when someone is offline the contacts on desktop feature still tells me they are online until i open a conversation with them.

Versions...

Windows XP Service Pack 3, v.3264 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 9.0.1407
Messenger Plus! Live 4.50.0.312

Its not because of WLM9 because it works on my other accounts on WLM9. Help?

Here is an example of the situation...

[Image: attachment.php?pid=885850]

.jpg File Attachment: My_Screenshot_12.jpg (40.96 KB)
This file has been downloaded 485 time(s).

This post was edited on 02-08-2008 at 03:08 PM by Eddie.
...there used to be a signature here :)
02-03-2008 10:47 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Contacts on Desktop
*bump*
02-08-2008 01:39 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Contacts on Desktop
This is a known issue and so far, there is no known fix. I tried to fix it several times in the past but the current state of the internal Messenger API prevents me to do it properly. I'll keep on trying though.
[Image: signature2.gif]
02-08-2008 07:38 PM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Contacts on Desktop
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
This is a known issue and so far, there is no known fix. I tried to fix it several times in the past but the current state of the internal Messenger API prevents me to do it properly. I'll keep on trying though.
Ok thanks for the reply Patchou, i hope you will find a fix soon :)
02-09-2008 02:28 AM
HappyGoo

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
...but the only thing is that when someone is offline the contacts on desktop feature still tells me they are online until i open a conversation with them.

i am having the same problem, but also the contacts on desktop feature shows a contact as offline until i open a conversation with them.  i have tried repairing using the Add and Remove Programs from the Control Panel but it only works for those contacts online and not for those that sign on later.  all my contacts show as offline on the contacts on desktop when signed in until i repair.  is there anything i can do to make the feature work again?
09-22-2009 05:19 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
HappyGoo

Sad  RE: Contacts on Desktop
*BUMP*
10-02-2009 05:10 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
HappyGoo,

I think your issue is not entirly the same as the one described as the top poster and has a very different cause. As far as I know this isn't so much a bug in Messenger Plus!.

The status of the desktop contacts first relies on the status of the contacts in Messenger. This is usually correct when you first start Messenger.

Now, status changes are events and its those events which come from Messenger, or rather the lack of, which causes the status of the desktop contacts to become out of sync.

If Plus! doesn't detect those particular events then it obvisouly will not change the status of the desktop contacts.

Now, apparently Microsoft has recently changed some things in those protocol events responsible for status changes. This causes Plus! to miss those events, and thus your desktop contacts will display the wrong status.

A new version of Plus! (4.83) is in the makes which will be again compatible with those new protocol events. So, my hunch is that this will also solve this desktop contacts problem. Keep an eye on the official site (http://www.msgpluslive.net/).

This post was edited on 10-19-2009 at 11:42 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-19-2009 11:39 AM
HappyGoo

thanks for the reply.  unfortunately, the problem is much worse since i last posted.  all my contacts on desktop now appear offline when my messenger starts.  i need to restart the messenger for those contacts on desktop to show the correct status.  although restarting the messenger corrects the status for contacts on desktop, it only corrects the status for that moment and the status do not update thereafter with any change to actual status.  anyhow, i will keep an eye out for the new version which i will look forward to and hope will fix this feature.
10-19-2009 04:50 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
HappyGoo: if that problem always happens, please send me an email to patchou@msgpluslive.net and I'll see if I can find a solution for you.
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-19-2009 09:46 PM
HappyGoo

Happy  RE: Contacts on Desktop
Patchou, thank you for the reply and offer for assistance.  i installed the new version (4.83) two days ago which has fixed the issue.
10-29-2009 05:21 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: