What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » WLM Hooking Tutorial Mentions Plus!

WLM Hooking Tutorial Mentions Plus!
Author: Message:
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner
*****

Avatar
http://AdamDempsey.net

Posts: 2396
Reputation: 53
33 / Male / Flag
Joined: Jul 2003
O.P. WLM Hooking Tutorial Mentions Plus!
Yea I'm bored at work so thought I'd post this that I just found:

http://blog.nektra.com/main/2008/02/12/windows-li...ssenger-internals/
SoundPacks   -   Scripts   -   Skins

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
02-14-2008 04:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner
*****

Avatar

Posts: 1233
Reputation: 31
30 / Male / Flag
Joined: Oct 2004
RE: WLM Hooking Tutorial Mentions Plus!
Oh cool, I know of Messenger Plus! :D
Yay!
02-14-2008 05:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
TheSteve
Full Member
***

Avatar
The Man from Japan

Posts: 179
Reputation: 23
35 / Male / Flag
Joined: Aug 2005
RE: WLM Hooking Tutorial Mentions Plus!
quote:
The only known way to customize messenger UI is modifying the resources that it uses.
They have obviously never seen StuffPlug 3.
02-15-2008 08:13 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ismaelbej
New Member
*


Posts: 1
Joined: Feb 2008
Happy  RE: WLM Hooking Tutorial Mentions Plus!
Hi!, 

I am the author of that blog post, well I mean "documented" ways of modifying messenger UI. I know that StuffPlug is using the msncore.dll interface, but I have not found documentation on how to use it.
If you want to share what you know I don't mind . :)

02-15-2008 07:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
felipEx
Scripting Contest Winner
***


Posts: 378
Reputation: 24
30 / Male / Flag
Joined: Jun 2006
RE: WLM Hooking Tutorial Mentions Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
Yea I'm bored at work so thought I'd post this that I just found:

http://blog.nektra.com/main/2008/02/12/windows-li...ssenger-internals/
Thank you for the link, i'm not really interested on it atm, but i found Deviare API which is really useful...  :)
02-16-2008 12:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member
*****

Avatar

Posts: 3146
Reputation: 43
27 / Male / Flag
Joined: Jan 2003
RE: WLM Hooking Tutorial Mentions Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by TheSteve
They have obviously never seen StuffPlug 3.

stuffplug 3 modifies the resources that it uses.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
02-16-2008 01:02 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner
*****

Avatar

Posts: 1060
Reputation: 28
– / Male / Flag
Joined: Jan 2006
RE: RE: WLM Hooking Tutorial Mentions Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:
Originally posted by TheSteve
They have obviously never seen StuffPlug 3.

stuffplug 3 modifies the resources that it uses.
No, Stuffplug 3 uses Messenger's own interface system to modify the interface. Trust Steve, he's one of the developers :P
02-16-2008 02:49 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member
*****

Avatar

Posts: 3146
Reputation: 43
27 / Male / Flag
Joined: Jan 2003
RE: WLM Hooking Tutorial Mentions Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by deAd
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:
Originally posted by TheSteve
They have obviously never seen StuffPlug 3.

stuffplug 3 modifies the resources that it uses.
No, Stuffplug 3 uses Messenger's own interface system to modify the interface. Trust Steve, he's one of the developers :P

what? you took my quote completely out of context.



(H)
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
02-16-2008 03:23 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
TheSteve
Full Member
***

Avatar
The Man from Japan

Posts: 179
Reputation: 23
35 / Male / Flag
Joined: Aug 2005
RE: RE: WLM Hooking Tutorial Mentions Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:
Originally posted by deAd
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:
Originally posted by TheSteve
They have obviously never seen StuffPlug 3.

stuffplug 3 modifies the resources that it uses.
No, Stuffplug 3 uses Messenger's own interface system to modify the interface. Trust Steve, he's one of the developers :P

what? you took my quote completely out of context.
(H)
^o)  He quoted you word for word...  Stuffplug does not modify any of the messenger "resources" in memory or on disk.

As far as using msncore/uxcore goes, it's not COM based. Use the exports.

This post was edited on 02-16-2008 at 02:41 PM by TheSteve.
02-16-2008 02:38 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »


Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread:

Forum Jump:

Forum Rules:
You cannot post new threads
You cannot post replies
You cannot post attachments
You can edit your posts
HTML is Off
myCode is On
Smilies are On
[img] Code is On