What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » [self-split]Testing [Window.PlusNotLoaded] window

[self-split]Testing [Window.PlusNotLoaded] window
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. [self-split]Testing [Window.PlusNotLoaded] window
[Image: MSN_Error.jpg]

Is there any way to test this window in terms of translations :P ? In other words, can I manually prevent Plus! from loading properly?
02-20-2008 10:17 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: [self-split]Testing [Window.PlusNotLoaded] window
You could try installing a software that's not compatible with Plus!... I don't know the list right now however....

What you can do too is download the Interface Tester program (http://download.msgpluslive.net/extras/MPInterfaceTester.zip), extract Messenger Plus! resources from the Skin tab of the preferences pannel, and load Interface5.xmlin the software. You can change the text in the xml file with your translated vesion and see if it fits.
[Image: signature2.gif]
02-20-2008 04:16 PM
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
If I remember correctly, a Sandboxed WLM will make Plus! show that window.
Try running WLM sandboxed and see if that makes the window appear.

Btw, Plus! will work if you disable safe mode :P
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
02-20-2008 07:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [self-split]Testing [Window.PlusNotLoaded] window
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
What you can do too is download the Interface Tester program (http://download.msgpluslive.net/extras/MPInterfaceTester.zip), extract Messenger Plus! resources from the Skin tab of the preferences pannel, and load Interface5.xmlin the software. You can change the text in the xml file with your translated vesion and see if it fits.
Woow, that worked. The picture looks like I guessed, I have to shorten the text for checkbox :P

[Image: attachment.php?pid=889360]

Thank you Mike too but I liked the Interface Tester program that Patchou suggested very much, I will be able to check the UpdateAvaliable window with that before new releases with new designs. Though, I wasn't able to use this program before version 4.50 anyway, because before version 4.50 I wasn't able to extract Plus! resources.

Offtopic: However Patchou, I didn't like that resource extraction is done with English. Why can't it depend on the language used for Plus!. I even tried renaming my translation file as Lng_Default.ini but it didn't help :P. Isn't it possible? Actually, extracting with desired language is not needed that much, I agree. I ask it only for easeness for my case :)

.png File Attachment: PlusNotLoaded.PNG (29.03 KB)
This file has been downloaded 410 time(s).

This post was edited on 02-20-2008 at 08:58 PM by ahmetgns.
02-20-2008 08:57 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
...because before version 4.50 I wasn't able to extract Plus! resources.
Resource Hacker or similar programs. Used by an extreme lot of people here....

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Offtopic: However Patchou, I didn't like that resource extraction is done with English.
Resource extracting does what it says: it extract resources.

And those are in English because some sentences and other things are hard coded in Plus! for in the case Lng_Default.ini can not be found due to some error or whatever (eg: a mess up from the user).

Which is actually also how someone needs to extract a translation line from Plus! in scripting:
1) check if the requested language is available
2) if not available, fall back on Lng_Default.ini
3) if that can't be found, fall back on the hard coded string in Plus! itself (which is usually the same as the one in Lng_Default.ini) by providing that hardcoded line in the script.

quote:
Isn't it possible?
No, since the plain raw resources inside Plus! are always in English.

However, it would be possible to replace the (english) sentences with the correct translated sentences from a translation file after the resources (or part of) are extracted. But that would require a major huge addition to Plus!'s Resource Extracting feature (It would need to include the complete huge list of indexes and references to all the ini-keys and topics).

And that would also only be for the benefit of translators (and even not all translators use the interface tester to get to those 'hidden' windows anyways; unfortunatly).

Not to mention that many elements can have multiple sentences; and you can only have 1 sentence in the resources. So you wouldn't even be able to use such a feature to its fullist anyways.

quote:
I ask it only for easeness for my case
It would indeed make it a bit easier. But I rather want Patchou to put time in Plus! features which everybody can benefit from than putting time in something like this.... But if he has some spare time, why not :p

This post was edited on 02-20-2008 at 11:56 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-20-2008 11:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chancer

34 / Male / Flag
If there were a way to replace all the original text by the translated...
That interface test would be very useful for us, translators.
02-21-2008 02:55 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Spare time? pfff... I have plenty! I don't even know what to do anymore with all the free time I have on my hands.
[Image: signature2.gif]
02-21-2008 04:19 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: