What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Help with Ethernet!?

Help with Ethernet!?
Author: Message:
SonicTy

Funny Thing about my back is....

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. Help with Ethernet!?
I was making a long ethernet cable to go in to my 360 into my room and I didnt put the wires in the plastic end correctly cause i wanted to see how long the cord needed to be. and then the plastic end of the cord didnt fit into my xbox because it was too big so i went down stairs to see if it would fitinto my computer and it did a bit ( the wires were still not properly placed) and now when ever i put my regular ethernet cord into the computer it says its not connected and will not connect me to internet. is it possible the ethernet cable i was making could have messed up the ethernet port because the wires were not properly placed? i dont know someone help please.

Thanks.

This post was edited on 02-21-2008 at 01:30 AM by SonicTy.
[Image: signature-user=256&back=9&clr=191,21,21&size=100.png]
02-21-2008 01:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Help with Ethernet!?
If you mean you put a new RJ45 connector (like this) in the PC without pushing the copper connectors onto the wires inside then yes, you could have damaged the inside of your ethernet port.
The connectors have to be pushed into the wires of the cable before you can stick it into a port or else they will stick out too far and will probably bend your ethernet port connectors out of place.
Man is least himself when he is in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. (Oscar Wilde)
02-21-2008 03:50 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: