What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Sending SMS's using Messenger - Ideas Needed

Sending SMS's using Messenger - Ideas Needed
Author: Message:
OpenMind

– / – / Flag
O.P. Sending SMS's using Messenger - Ideas Needed
Hey!

Well, i'm new in town. I'm portuguese and here in Portugal it's no possible to use the sms capabilitie on WLM (at least with the major company TMN) so i did a small script that can send sms.

So far I can, for example, define a email address and when that email address comes online, messenger sends me a sms say "User XPTO is online", and a way that my friends can send me a sms if i'm away using "!sms Dude i'm online and i need to talk to you!!".

But i need more ideas! What kind of info can I send to my mobile using sms??? How can i "merge" messenger and sms's?

Sorry my rusty english :)
02-24-2008 12:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Rik

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Sending SMS's using Messenger - Ideas Needed
wow! nice script! can you please make it available :P
hehe, just remembered about you, I saw your thread on Techzonept.
You can also add notifications for new e-mails and maybe user space update notification, and the option to actually send sms's to people through a nice little window.
:)Thanks for doing this, i think only Vodafone (I'm TMN) has those abilities around here.
03-07-2008 07:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Rik
wow! nice script! can you please make it available
Such scripts are highly dependable on your local mobile phone companies. What works for him will most likely not work for you.

In order to send an SMS via your computer you just need to have access to your mobile phone's network via a web form of some sort. And most mobile phone companies do not allow for sending SMS's for free either, and they quite often have restrictions in the amount of SMS that you can send, etc.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-08-2008 01:37 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by Rik
wow! nice script! can you please make it available
Such scripts are highly dependable on your local mobile phone companies. What works for him will most likely not work for you.

In order to send an SMS via your computer you just need to have access to your mobile phone's network via a web form of some sort. And most mobile phone companies do not allow for sending SMS's for free either, and they quite often have restrictions in the amount of SMS that you can send, etc.
He's on portugal too and they have the same provider
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
03-08-2008 01:39 AM
OpenMind

– / – / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Sending SMS's using Messenger - Ideas Needed
quote:
Originally posted by Rik
You can also add notifications for new e-mails and maybe user space update notification, and the option to actually send sms's to people through a nice little window.
:)Thanks for doing this, i think only Vodafone (I'm TMN) has those abilities around here.
Hehe that's me! ;) Now i though bringing the script here, the source of messenger scripts :P

Thanks for your ideas! I was thinking about a way to send sms's to people you have on messenger just by opening a chat window and wirte something like "/sms hey man i'm waiting for you online! come on over!!!".

quote:
And most mobile phone companies do not allow for sending SMS's for free either, and they quite often have restrictions in the amount of SMS that you can send, etc.
That's a problem in fact. But even so it can be done! Maybe i'll post here a sample movie of some of my ideas... what do you think? ;)

03-08-2008 10:14 PM
Rik

31 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Sending SMS's using Messenger - Ideas Needed
quote:
Originally posted by OpenMind
quote:
Originally posted by Rik
Hehe that's me! ;) Now i though bringing the script here, the source of messenger scripts :P

Thanks for your ideas! I was thinking about a way to send sms's to people you have on messenger just by opening a chat window and wirte something like "/sms hey man i'm waiting for you online! come on over!!!".
That would be really usefull.
quote:
Originally posted by OpenMind
quote:
And most mobile phone companies do not allow for sending SMS's for free either, and they quite often have restrictions in the amount of SMS that you can send, etc.
That's a problem in fact. But even so it can be done! Maybe i'll post here a sample movie of some of my ideas... what do you think? ;)

I think your ideas were pretty clear, unless you have something else or really want to clear stuff up. I think the hard part is making everything work, expecially if you'll try multi-network abilities (at least for portuguese people).
I was really impressed with your notifications service by sms that you made, looking forward for developments in this :D
Also what happens if the service gets abused? (flood, spam..)
03-08-2008 11:19 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
I've already looked into these options and no website seems to offer free sms without registration (CBFSMS uses captcha).

The only other alternative is making a script where people pay around $0.03 per message. It's a cheap option, but it's still not as free as I'd like it.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
03-09-2008 12:23 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Rik

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
The only other alternative is making a script where people pay around $0.03 per message. It's a cheap option, but it's still not as free as I'd like it.
you can make it free by using the network sms service online, just need to input the login details.
03-09-2008 12:27 PM
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

http://AdamDempsey.net

37 / Male / Flag
You can try looking at the scripts on http://www.genietexter.co.uk/scripts.php

They show a lot of websites that offer cheap/free sites.
SoundPacks   -   Scripts   -   Skins

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
03-09-2008 06:25 PM
yenerich

Usually your mobile phone has an email associated, something like 155237869@mobileprovider.com

Those emaisl are showed on your phone as SMS, so just need to auto send you an email when user connects.

Just need to find the proper email associated with your mobile phone.
04-04-2008 10:16 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: