What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Stopping "Automatic" Masking in Flash

Stopping "Automatic" Masking in Flash
Author: Message:
stoshrocket

formerly methos

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. Stopping "Automatic" Masking in Flash
I have a flash movie, for the sake of argument lets say it is 800x600. If I were to embed this into html and load it in a web browser, on the average resolution you would see a very small movie in comparison to the larger amount of space available. I wanted to utilise this space with simple animation, but not necesssary animation to prevent the whole movie from looking overwhelmed by blankness.

My idea was to simply not mask the flash movie, and animate these simple animations in the "grey regions" just outside the preset dimensions of 800x600 of the movie, but inside the larger dimensions of 1280x1024.

Using flash player to preview the movie appears to show these outside animations, but when loaded into html, for some reason the movie becomes automatically masked back to 800x600 again.

I'm sure I've seen this done... In thr first impossible quiz, I think there was a black bar either side of the quiz saying the browser wasn't the correct dimensions, for example.

Anyone got any ideas on how to solve this problem? Cheers.
formerly methos
02-24-2008 11:12 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: