What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Coloured names and popups

Coloured names and popups
Author: Message:
CanadianOriginal

Please Stand By

44 / Male / Flag
O.P. Coloured names and popups
Hello,

It's been ages since I've been activ eon here, but hopefully I'll be forgiven and get an answer to my problem ;)

I'm using WLM 8.5 and Plus 4.5. I have a few contacts with coloured nicknames. When the contacts sign on, the WLM popup has the coloured name displayed properly. When they signoff, the name displays without any formatting. when they send a message, the popup has the name surrounded by formatting codes as opposed to being formatted.

Is this a limitation of Plus and/or WLM? And if this has been brought up before, I'm sorry. I'm never good with forum search engines :$
~ Better to reign in hell, than serve in heaven
02-27-2008 10:48 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Coloured names and popups
Hey, it's fine, you don't have to be active to ask for help :P

This is a limitation to Plus! I'm afraid. Windows Live Messenger cuts the contact's nickname short in the popups (or "toasts" as they're called). So, if it cuts the formatting, you won't see the formatted name unfortunately, in WLM popups (signing in, new message).

In Plus! toasts (such as Event Notifications, like a contact signing out who your chatting to), should appear fine.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
02-27-2008 11:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: