What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » [HELP] no sharing folders button

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
[HELP] no sharing folders button
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. [HELP] no sharing folders button
i am encountering a problem, i have no sharing folders button on my contact list toolbar, i do however have it on my dads pc, both mine and my dads pc's have the exact same version of messenger installed and both were installed from the exact same setup file, i completely removed messenger plus!, all messenger addons etc as well as messenger itself deleted all the directories for messenger and all related addons and even went through the entire registry deleting all reference to messenger and  messenger addons including plus! so as to ensure there was no possibility of any previous patching being responsable.

even after doing all that and installing a clean copy of messenger 8.5 final from scratch i still cannot get a sharing folder button on my contact list. its not down to skinning cause i havent even reinstalled messenger plus yet let alone imported any skins, i need to get this issue resolved so that when testing my skin (365 Skin) i will now everything is working properly.

please if anyone can think of anything that might help me solve this problem it would be greatly appreciated.
03-01-2008 01:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
RE: [HELP] no sharing folders button
Can it be that you have no shared folders with anyone for example? Does it exist in the chat window?
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
03-01-2008 01:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [HELP] no sharing folders button
yes it exists in chat window, my dad doesnt have any folders he is sharing either but the button still shows up, i did try the suggestion though and cant find a way to add folder sharing or access the folder sharing window.
03-01-2008 02:48 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Can you screenshot it, as that is also the button which is also used to select 'send a file or photo', which I find unusual for it to just disappear.

Can you go to Actions > Create or open sharing folder? Or right click on the contacts list and do the same?
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
03-01-2008 05:13 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [HELP] no sharing folders button
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Can you screenshot it, as that is also the button which is also used to select 'send a file or photo', which I find unusual for it to just disappear.

Can you go to Actions > Create or open sharing folder? Or right click on the contacts list and do the same?

no there is no option in the menus to access the sharing folders window, i can go to file send a single file but thats about it, below is a screenshot of the contact list.

[Image: ContactList-1.png]

and heres a screenshot of the chat window.

[Image: ChatWindow.png]

in both screenshots i am not hiding any buttons through the skins options and all those buttons would be there exactly as is if no skin was applied, obviously they look different to the normal icons so to point it out the sharing folders button is the red folder as seen in the chat window screenshot.

thanks chris4 in advance for your assistance.
03-01-2008 09:07 PM
pollolibredegrasa

formerly fatfreechicken

35 / Male / Flag
Have you ever had sharing folders on your computer or has the icon just suddenly disappeared?

If you have never had them, then make sure your hard drive is formatted as NTFS (Sharing Folders won't work on FAT partitions). To do this, open up My Computer, right click on the drive you have Windows installed on, click Properties and see what it says next to File System.
;p

[Image: chickennana.gif] Vaccy is my thin twin! [Image: chickennana.gif]
03-01-2008 09:20 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [HELP] no sharing folders button
my file system is NTFS, now i did used to have sharing folders icon at one point but then i used mess patch to hide it, however as i stated in my first post i completely uninstalled messenger which theorectically should enullify the effects of messpatch and any other patch that might have ever contributed to this problem.
03-01-2008 09:30 PM
gaetano_gatto

– / Male / Flag
My case:

I've Live Messenger installed on a NTFS-formatted HD...I use sharing folders very often but:

- sometimes, the icon suddenly disappears (but only that one upon the contact list..while it remains in chat windows)

- sometimes, I read it is impossible to synchronize sharing folders

- sometimes, I click on the sharing folder button in a chat window but no window is opened for the sharing folder..just as I don't click on any button

Can anyone explain me why?
03-06-2008 07:52 PM
gaetano_gatto

– / Male / Flag
Moreover, when I open a sharing window, I find written there aren't a number of files in xx folders but I can't see any file or folder..
03-09-2008 11:43 AM
Lakkett

I had the exact same problem.  Turns out the "Messenger Sharing Folders USN Journal Reader service" wasn't starting up like it was supposed to. 

Here's what worked for me.

Make sure Live Messenger is turned off (right click and exit Live Messenger icon in the systray)
Right click My Computer.
Click Manage.
Expand Services and Applications.
Highlight Services.
Right click "Messenger Sharing Folders USN Journal Reader service" in the Services list.
Click Start.
Open Live Messenger and you should have your sharing folders icon back. 
04-18-2008 07:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: