What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » How to disable the repeat function of auto-responder?

How to disable the repeat function of auto-responder?
Author: Message:
chrisauw

O.P. Huh?  How to disable the repeat function of auto-responder?
Hi there.
I know how to use the auto-responder and i really like it.
The only problem is..sometimes i'm away from the PC for a long time(like 10 hours),
and i dont want the auto-responder to repeat sending the same message i leave for my girl friend, i want it to send the message for only once(means the first time my girl friend sends a messenge to me and the auto-responder responses only once).
But the option "Delay used to repeat the auto-responder message" can only be set to
10~5000 seconds , so it's gonna repeat and repeat again..
What can I do??
Many thanks ... ^^
11-21-2007 02:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: How to disable the repeat function of auto-responder?
I tought two ways for this:

1- Maybe changing the delay value to how long you want from registry works, try it (I was going to try but I couldn't wait at least 5001 second to test it.)

Start>Run>type "regedit">OK then browse for HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Patchou/Messenger Plus! Live/your e-mail address/Preferences/PersoStatusRepeatDelay/(here set the delay 100000 for instance)

I hope someone who knows much about this correct me if it won't work.

2- Note that there is a tooltip on the auto-responder area, that is "You can create a sequence of multiple different messages by starting new lines with #." By making new lines by Ctrl+Enter there, you can insert consecutive commands which will be run locally, such as #/close so after your girlfriend takes your first response, if she sends again, her window will be closed (make sure you set the highest possible delay before setting this because a chat log file (if you keep) which is splitted into hundreds of sessions wouldn't be nice.) You could also use the /block command but I know it would be very offensive for your girlfriend :P

By the way, if there exist a /disableresponder command, everything would be nice.

* ahmetgns goes to General Talk forum and suggests it immediately :) /Done: [suggestion]/disableresponder command

This post was edited on 12-16-2007 at 11:00 AM by ahmetgns.
12-16-2007 10:54 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by chrisauw
Hi there.
I know how to use the auto-responder and i really like it.
The only problem is..sometimes i'm away from the PC for a long time(like 10 hours),
and i dont want the auto-responder to repeat sending the same message i leave for my girl friend, i want it to send the message for only once(means the first time my girl friend sends a messenge to me and the auto-responder responses only once).
But the option "Delay used to repeat the auto-responder message" can only be set to
10~5000 seconds , so it's gonna repeat and repeat again..
What can I do??
Many thanks ... ^^
Note that an auto-responder message is send to any contact who contacts you while your status is set to this personalized away status. Unless you also filtered the contacts in the preferences.

This means that if somebody else than your girlfriend messages you while you're away, they will also recieve the "I love you, but I'm not here atm" message :p

I say this because there is a very easy solution if you just have selected your girlfriend as the only person who will recieve any auto-responder message.

In that personalised status of yours, enter a second line in the auto-responder message which will set your status back to the same real status you've defined in that personalised status.

eg: If you currently have this as a personalised status:
  Status Name: autoresp. to gf
  Auto-responder: Hi darling, Im currently not at my computer, sorry. I still love you (k)
  Show me as: Be right back
change the Auto-responder message to:
  Hi darling, Im currently not at my computer, sorry. I still love you (k)
  #/brb

Notice the second line and the command /brb. This will set your status to Be Right Back, the same real status as your personalised status. This makes that your personalised status will actually be disabled/dismissed, and thus also your auto-responder message will not be send again...

-----------------------------------------------------

Of course, all this can be done even a lot easier with a small script (without the need to disable your personalised status like above, or whatever):

In this case all you need to do is creating a personalised status with an auto-responder message like this:
  Hi darling, Im currently not at my computer, sorry. I still love you (k)
  #/script ToggleAutoMessage

After that, create a new script:
  1. Go to your script preferences (Plus! > Preferences > General > Scripts)
  2. Press "Create New..."
  3. Give the script a name (eg: DisableAutoMessage)
  4. The script editor will be opened and you will see two empty functions (OnEvent_Initialize and OnEvent_Uninitialize). You can remove everything you see, you don't need those functions.
  5. Instead, copy the next code to the script editor window:
    code:
    function ToggleAutoMessage(oChatWnd) {
            Interop.Call('User32', 'SendMessageW', oChatWnd.Handle, 0x111 /* WM_COMMAND */, 0x1D26 /* Toggle menu item */, 0);
    }
           Make sure you copy it exactly!

6. Save the script (just press "Close" and confirm the save dialog box)
  7. You're done....
Now when you activate that personalised status, the auto-respond message will only be shown once for each conversation/contact (as long as the conversation window stays open. But since you're not there to close it, it will.)

-----------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
1- Maybe changing the delay value to how long you want from registry works, try it
That wont work.
quote:
2- you can insert consecutive commands which will be run locally, such as #/close so after your girlfriend takes your first response, if she sends again, her window will be closed
That doesn't do any good either. How is closing a chat window going to help in this? In fact, closing the chat window just removes any time delay you had, making that the third time a message is recieved, the contact will get the first respons immediatly again instead of after x seconds.

This post was edited on 12-17-2007 at 01:50 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-17-2007 12:02 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
CookieRevised or others who know scripting,

can you please add some extra codes to the given code in this thread to disable auto-responder messages automatically after sending a message in a window. Because sometimes I forgot to disable auto-responder before messaging someone and when s/he replies, s/he receives the auto response.

Thank you in advance.
02-24-2008 03:19 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
can you please add some extra codes to the given code in this thread to disable auto-responder messages automatically after sending a message in a window. Because sometimes I forgot to disable auto-responder before messaging someone and when s/he replies, s/he receives the auto response.
Anyone?

Or Patchou, you can also do this as an option in Preferences like "Don't send the auto-messages to contacts anymore if I write to them."
03-03-2008 10:05 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: