What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » error 8100030d arggg!

error 8100030d arggg!
Author: Message:
SkavenUK

O.P. error 8100030d arggg!
Hey guys,

About 5-6pm today I noticed messenger had signed itself out. Upon trying to sign back in all im getting is that dam error message. I went to the MS support site and followed the instructions for clearing the cache in C:\users\yourname etc and even gone as far as to uninstall, reboot and reinstall msn again but to no avail its just popping up with the exact message. Ive another computer networked and its having no problems logging in so it has to be something on this computer thats stopping it. Im not running a firewall btw incase somone asks.

Edit: connection tab under tools says I am connected to the .net messenger service. using the repair tool under the connection troubleshooter doesn't work either, all tests pass.

Cheers for any help chaps

This post was edited on 03-04-2008 at 02:57 AM by SkavenUK.
03-04-2008 02:51 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: error 8100030d arggg!
What version of WLM do you have? Make sure it's the latest.

I'm guessing you've tried everything on this page?

Do you have Zone Alarm? If so, exit it. Try the following...

quote:
Originally posted by http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.messenger&tid=5ebdc03c-7da6-4d37-bdf5-1f3e1b6d1500&p=1

1. If you haven't done so already, upgrade to the latest version of MSN Messenger:
http://messenger.msn.com/download
2. The date on your computer needs to be set properly -- double click the clock verify that
the time and date are set.
3. If you use a firewall (like ZoneAlarm, Norton Internet Security etc. ), it's possible
that Messenger doesn't have the correct rights to access the Internet, especially since you
upgraded. You may need to re/add Messenger to the allowed list of programs in your firewall
if this is the case.
4. If you disabled your firewall in the past, it still may be blocking Messenger -- try
restarting it and see if that helps the situation. You also might try uninstalling an
installed firewall, to verify that it isn't causing a problem (even if it is disabled).
5. Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check
for server certificate revocation" is unchecked. Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL
3.0' is checked, then click OK.
6. Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:
regsvr32 softpub.dll
then click OK
and do the same for the following:
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 MSXML3.dll
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
03-04-2008 03:00 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
SkavenUK

O.P. RE: error 8100030d arggg!
Heya, cheers for the reply.

Yep, as I said I don't have a firewall. Ive also tried everything on that page, including running the run > regsvr32 etc.

Plot is thickining so to speak. Ive just managed to sign into another messenger account of mine on this computer so basically it is just my main account that I am having problems with, its like they have put a block on it or something as it does not sign in on the other computers either.

Ive shot off an email to MS to see if they know anything about it, hopefully they can shed some more light.
03-04-2008 03:18 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: error 8100030d arggg!
Ok. Try and remove everything that is Messenger related. Here is how.

Go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall Windows Live Messenger.

Now, manually delete the following folders, after you've uninstalled WLM.
Note: This will delete any custom content you have (emoticons, DPs, etc). Use BackUp MSN if you want to backup your custom content.

C:\Documents and Settings\your_username\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\
C:\Documents and Settings\your_username\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Call\
C:\Documents and Settings\your_username\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Messenger\
C:\Documents and Settings\your_username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts\
C:\Documents and Settings\your_username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\
C:\Documents and Settings\your_username\Contacts\
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\
C:\Windows\Temp\MessengerCache\
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
03-04-2008 03:28 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
SkavenUK

O.P. RE: error 8100030d arggg!
Tried that m8. It makes me think its more to do with Microsofts side of things as I cannot sign in on that account on a diffrent computer as well, specially as it can sign in on other accounts without any problems. I can however login using the login.live webpage and do the usual things like change my password etc. All quite bizzare.

This post was edited on 03-04-2008 at 03:38 AM by SkavenUK.
03-04-2008 03:37 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: