What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Some people....

Some people....
Author: Message:
SteveAlmighty

52 / Male / Flag
O.P. Some people....
Hello Everyone,
New to the forums and only wanted to join so i could learn how to do the skins etc, Anyways, Mentioned i was learning about skins and would do a skin for another forum i chat on...
After i'd put up a post saying i would be happy to do them a skin for msgliveplus low and behold  areply came through from a computer guru...
Heres His messeage and mine.........

**NameRemoved** wrote:
only one problem with messenger live plus....the older versions for MSN etc all contained spyware and used to cause problems, so be carefull using it...personally I wouldn't use it....but each to there own

My Reply:
Looks to me like you installed the Adware/Sponsor programme....
When you install msgliveplus read it carefully and tick the box " I DON'T WISH TO OFFER MY SUPPORT " This will be default at " I Agree to Offer my support"
It's like a trick of words.. Many people see the agreement text and agree to it all, so automaticly peoples minds assume its the same, thus will install the Adware and Sponsor... Which is easy to un install if you do agree to it by just going to your Add Remove programmes.

As you also point out "The older Versions" so to pull you up on your wording, Only one Problem with messneger plus, the older versions..
That doesn't mean this version, and as i advise anyone out their no matter what you download, Be Careful, Be Careful of Everything.
as for messenger plus the old versions, I never had any issues with it and i see millions of others didn't either. But with the adware we all have to make money and Patchou has built plus single handedly and distributed it for free to anyone. So the ads make him his money. I'm the same with alot of my stuff, It's all free but its Sponsors and adverts that bring in the revenue.

-----------------
Not sure if i am right in putting what i put but "Some People" annoy me...
As i mentioned to him he was saying theres only one problem with messenger plus live, The Older Versions....
That sooooo tells me he's probs had a bad experience a few years ago and is trying to tell people not to use it, but hasn't even tried it since..
Things get updated and Bettered.

Sorry for the Rant peeps, especially as its only my second post but as i say "SOME PEOPLE" arghhhhhh ..lol
03-06-2008 08:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: