What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Button error

Button error
Author: Message:
67-style

O.P. Button error
Hey Guys,
I want to instal Messenger Plus! Live 4.50.312 on my Vista (Home Premium 32-Bit) and I am using Messenger Live 8.5.
The bug is by the buttons.
This Bug exist after instaling too...

[Image: bugkt7.jpg]

I hope you can help my...
03-12-2008 01:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Button error
It is because your default windows font appears to be corrupted (hence the really large text). To confirm do your other windows look that large and the text this huge?
03-13-2008 06:08 PM
67-style

O.P. RE: Button error
yes, in one other program is the font bigger, too...how can i solve this problem?

This post was edited on 03-13-2008 at 07:15 PM by 67-style.
03-13-2008 07:13 PM
vikke

31 / Male / Flag
Are you using a Windows-skin program like WindowBlinds?
4 8 15 16 23 42
03-13-2008 07:47 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by matty
It is because your default windows font appears to be corrupted (hence the really large text). To confirm do your other windows look that large and the text this huge?
Erm, if windows font is corrupted then how can a Messenger Plus! update fix the problem: see http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=79...d=875206#pid875206

67-style, you can read my reply in that thread which I wrote the texts in most of the buttons to be able to use Plus!
03-13-2008 10:10 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Erm, if windows font is corrupted then how can a Messenger Plus! update fix the problem

Did he say it could?

I had this problem before and I think installing Tahoma or something again worked (Might actually have had WB6 installed too so it could be something to do with that)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
03-13-2008 10:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
67-style

O.P. RE: RE: Button error
quote:
Originally posted by matty

thank you matty. the font tahoma was really corrupted.
i renewed it and it is working now :D
matty (Y)
03-14-2008 09:45 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
I sent the Tahoma font to 67-style via Messenger from my Fonts folder but after sending it, all of my windows displays a different font. All windows including Internet Explorer, Messenger etc. However the Tahoma font still exists in my Fonts folder. I copied the Tahoma font from my other computer to this computer but as that didn't solve the problem on this computer moreover it ruined the default font of my other computer too. I downloaded the Tahoma fonts from a website but it is still the same. What can I do now? I want my default display font back

This post was edited on 03-16-2008 at 10:45 AM by ahmetgns.
03-16-2008 10:45 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
just delete the replacement font you installed and reboot, it should work out (if not, delete everything that looks liek "Tahoma" and run the Repair wizard of Windows.
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-16-2008 05:43 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Button error
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
just delete the replacement font you installed and reboot, it should work out (if not, delete everything that looks liek "Tahoma" and run the Repair wizard of Windows.
Sorry for late reply but I still have this problem with my other computer. First of all, let me say that the wrong font on every window problem has been fixed because while I was trying to fix this problem, I changed MS Shell Dlg things in registry, now I fixed that registry values to their defaults and things have been fixed again, except the problem in the beginning. So I tried your solutions.

At this computer, I couldn't delete Tahoma with my Windows account so I logged in with Administrator account and I could delete it but after reboot nothing changed, Tahoma didn't come back automatically and all of my Windows windows displayed fonts wrongly as well as my Plus! windows were displayed wrongly like 67-style reported. So I added it manually to my fonts folders. Then things have been fixed again but the problem at the beginning still haven't. See screenshot.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=897448]

Then I installed Windows XP on top of everything (upgrade) then it still hasn't been fixed. Then I installed XP as a new installation (yeah, I lost all of my programs etc :( ) then it has been fixed, and I could take the correct font's screenshot, which you see above, with this computer, but I am not planning doing the same to my other computer for the sake of my programs :). So please give another advice.

Also I asked 67-style to send me a ss of ">>Scripts>>Browse by category" sentence and I am not surprised because it was wrong again like the first ss in my screenshot. Please, I can't understand how copying a font from Fonts folder can ruin all these texts. Feel free to try that if you think it mustn't ruin anything (but I don't take any responsibility when it ruins your font as well :) ). Just drag Tahoma font from your Fonts folder to another window and visit Plus!'s Scripts database to check that sentence.

The wrong font on database is not related to Internet Explorer because Firefox displays it wrongly too.

Edit: Wow, 1000th post

.png File Attachment: wrong font.PNG (32.3 KB)
This file has been downloaded 243 time(s).

This post was edited on 03-24-2008 at 04:34 PM by ahmetgns.
03-24-2008 04:34 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: