What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Backgrounds and colors

Backgrounds and colors
Author: Message:
Bjossi

O.P. Backgrounds and colors
Two things have been bugging me for a long time; color schemes and background.

Lets begin with the colors. Right now I'm using the Vista Ultimate skin for MSN and it looks good, but the look greatly suffers from the color override. I applied the override a long time ago because the default skin looked boring, but now that I have this custom skin, I want the override turned off. But there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.

If there is a way, could anyone tell me where it is disabled?
If there isn't, then I'd love to have it as a new feature in a future Messenger Plus version. :)

And now on to the backgrounds.
I was wondering if there is a way to apply backgrounds to text windows. When I select Vista Ultimate as the skin, the convo window looks great, but the text boxes just become grey. I wanted to make the background also affect the text boxes and use bright text instead of black.

Is this possible in any way? It'd be a nifty feature imo.
03-07-2008 02:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Backgrounds and colors
What exactly do you mean by override? The skin is not displayed properly?
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
03-07-2008 11:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Bjossi

O.P. RE: Backgrounds and colors
When I select a color, it seems to blend into the skin, changing it's appearance. What I want to know is how to disable this color thingy altogether, so I get the skin's intended looks.
03-08-2008 12:19 AM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
You have to select the blue color which is the default color and the skin will be black, as it should be.
03-08-2008 09:16 AM
Bjossi

O.P. RE: Backgrounds and colors
Thanks man, that did the trick. I feel stupid for not trying out all the colors in the dialog. :p

So any advice about the background-related question? It seems impossible to me, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
03-08-2008 08:36 PM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
If you just want to replace the background, you have to click the button on the right of the toolbar above the box where you write your message and then select a background. As for the text color, it can only be done if the skin's creator make it.
03-08-2008 09:23 PM
worldlife20

36 / Male / Flag
goooooooooooooooood
03-09-2008 03:42 AM
Bjossi

O.P. RE: RE: Backgrounds and colors
quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
If you just want to replace the background, you have to click the button on the right of the toolbar above the box where you write your message and then select a background. As for the text color, it can only be done if the skin's creator make it.

Actually, what I had in mind was being able to control the background of the text boxes themselves; the ones that show us conversation history and what you are typing.

The main reason is that I'm visually impaired, and one of the many annoyances is that I have a hard time reading dark text on white background. So I wanted to set the text box color to black and text to white, yellow or other bright color. That would be a lifesaver.
03-09-2008 03:10 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Bjossi
The main reason is that I'm visually impaired, and one of the many annoyances is that I have a hard time reading dark text on white background. So I wanted to set the text box color to black and text to white, yellow or other bright color. That would be a lifesaver.
You can apply a complete black image as your conversation windows' background and you can override your contacts' fonts with a font which you can customize: Messenger Plus! Preferences>Conversations>Formatting>Received messages font>Override the font used by my contact by default, and select a light font color for both your font and the overriding font. I hope it helps

Edit: I know, the text boxes won't be complete black again but it is more black than the skin's default.

This post was edited on 03-15-2008 at 11:50 AM by ahmetgns.
03-15-2008 11:45 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: