What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [v.1.1 Released!][WLM 8.5] - Facebook skin by coolzee

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   [v.1.1 Released!][WLM 8.5] - Facebook skin by coolzee
Author: Message:
coolzee

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [v.1.1 Released!/v.1a Released][WLM 8.5] - Facebook skin by coolzee
v.1.1 has been released to the Plus! Database.

woot woot

Enjoy.

:)

This post was edited on 04-16-2008 at 10:07 PM by coolzee.
04-16-2008 10:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: [v.1.1 Released!][WLM 8.5] - Facebook skin by coolzee
I like it a lot now, not a fan of facebook though, but a very nice job with the skin! :) MySpace one next? lol
...there used to be a signature here :)
04-17-2008 12:55 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
well actually if coolzee renames the skin to say "Social Skin" then he can do a multithemed skin with facebook, myspace and a few others in order to cater for the masses but hey thats ultimately upto coolzee.
04-17-2008 05:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
coolzee

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [v.1.1 Released!][WLM 8.5] - Facebook skin by coolzee
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
well actually if coolzee renames the skin to say "Social Skin" then he can do a multithemed skin with facebook, myspace and a few others in order to cater for the masses but hey thats ultimately upto coolzee.

Great Idea!!

I am going do that next then. There so much out there.

Stay tune for more social skins. :D;)(Y)

This post was edited on 04-17-2008 at 06:30 PM by coolzee.
04-17-2008 06:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
=)
nice stuart!

by the way...i'm thinking of making a wordpress skin to brazilian public, protesting about wordpress blocking in Brazil..let me explain:

wordpress is in a hard situation by here, there was a blog (that the govern won't reveal wich is) that posted illegal things (idem) in the blog...and then some people from the Judiciary (something like the "Supreme Court") saw it and send a legal notice to Wordpress asking them to close the blog...as wordpress can't close only one blog...they are baing persuated to close the WHOLE wordpress...and now this is a polemic case for wordpress publishers by here (over 1 million)....
also...that's why my signature is written "Não ao Bloqueio da Worpress!", that means something like "Say NO! to WordPress blocking!"

Now...will get to work!

back to coolzee's skin...

I'm really enjoying this skin (although i only use it a lil time).
congrats coolzee!
[Image: Empty.png]
04-17-2008 06:56 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
your welcome coolzee im glad i was able to inspire you, having been developing in the multitheme skin area for the past nearly 4 months now ive kinda got a thing about trying to give people multitheme skins so they have a better choice, after all not everyone uses facebook and yeah while you could do all the skins seperately i just thought that like 365 thats all different holidays and events the series of skins you want to make are essentially social networking skins and therefore it seemed logical to bundle them together into one easy to use fully customisable package.

blesedguy i am sorry to hear about your government blocking wordpress that sucks, your whole skins site is on wordpress so its really bad that you cant use it, and i think they are really over reacting, anyway i hope it all gets sorted soon, if theres anything i can do to help or show my support for your cause like display a banner or sign a petition or something let me know and ill be glad to help.

sorry if i went a little off topic with my repoly to blessedguy everyone.
04-17-2008 07:28 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
blesedguy i am sorry to hear about your government blocking wordpress that sucks, your whole skins site is on wordpress so its really bad that you cant use it, and i think they are really over reacting, anyway i hope it all gets sorted soon, if theres anything i can do to help or show my support for your cause like display a banner or sign a petition or something let me know and ill be glad to help.

(lil offtopic too)

no need to worry, sstuart!
wordpress is safe...because of its users...it happened like that with youtube in 2006...
like people say..."And the government had so more interest things to do..."
[Image: Empty.png]
04-17-2008 07:33 PM
Nocta

32 / Male / Flag
Sorry for this bump but I have a question.

I tried to remove the ads from this skin but I couldn't. I did it in the default skin with A-Patch but I got nothing with this one. Is there any way to do it ? I really like this skin.

This post was edited on 06-18-2008 at 11:46 PM by Nocta.
06-18-2008 11:41 PM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
Skins that remove the ads with option are not accepted in the database. So skins need to have .reg files. If the skin doesn't have a .reg file in its directory, then there is no way to remove them using this skin.
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
06-19-2008 08:40 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
Skins that remove the ads with option are not accepted in the database. So skins need to have .reg files. If the skin doesn't have a .reg file in its directory, then there is no way to remove them using this skin.
It's not the .reg file which removes it. The .reg file is simply a handy trick used by skin developers to make removing ads possible for regular users.

Some skins have a hidden option to remove ads which is turned off by default and can only be turned on by making the registry keys yourself. Instead of opening regedit and modifying the registry yourself, a .reg file with the keys in it can add those, which makes it easier for those who want to remove the ads.

The reason why this works is because the skin creator adds a special condition in the UIFILE which will only be triggered when this hidden option is activated, and therefore a .reg file is useless when the skin's UIFILEs don't have such condition tags. You can do it yourself, of course, since skins are open source, however it'll require a good knowledge of UIFILEs so you can find what you want to change.

So, in order to remove the ads, the creator has to add a hidden feature in the skin or you'll have to modify the UIFILEs yourself. :P
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
06-19-2008 12:14 PM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: