What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Message History setting keeps clearing

Message History setting keeps clearing
Author: Message:
rivermonster

O.P. Message History setting keeps clearing
Hi,

I set Windows Live Messenger version 8.5.1302.1018 so that it stores messages (by selecting "Automatically keep a history of my converstations" under Options/Messages). Then several days later I notice that my conversations are no longer being saved, so I check this setting and see it has been cleared. So I set it back and then a few days later I see that the same thing happens again -- the setting has been automatically cleared and my conversations are not being saved.

This is driving me nuts. I am the only person who uses the PC (HP Compaq running XP SP2) and I just can't work out what is causing this setting to clear by itself. It must surely be a bug as I am not doing anything. It has happened multiple times now and the same happened when I used the last version of Messenger.

I tried changing the folder where the conversations are stored but the issue still happens. If this is not a bug then I'd sure like to know what is happening.

Thanks,

Adrian
03-18-2008 05:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: