What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Help] Plus! 4.60 Notifications and Skins

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
[Help] Plus! 4.60 Notifications and Skins
Author: Message:
CanadianOriginal

Please Stand By

44 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Help] Plus! 4.60 Notifications and Skins
Ever since I upgraded to Plus 4.60, Plus notifications (like contacts going offline, POP3 mail) do not match the skin. I have tried with several skins released since, to no avail.

Is this a limitation of the changes in Plus! skinning, or simply that the skins have not accounted for it?
~ Better to reign in hell, than serve in heaven
03-26-2008 05:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
vikke

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [Help] Plus! 4.60 Notifications and Skins
The Plus! notifications doesn't use the same resources as Windows Live Messenger does. So replacing Messenger's notification won't do any changes to the Plus! notification.

The Plus! skinning feature supports skin to replace Plus! resources, but honestly I haven't seen one skin which applies to Plus! as well..
Personally I think that these should be separate skins because of this, so that you can mix one Messenger skin and one Plus! skin to get the perfect combination. (since no skins currently skins Plus!, one black Plus! skin would fit like 10 skins)

I don't know whether Plus! notification are skinnable or not, but I think that they are just like any other Plus! window, so I think it's skinnable, just that none of the current skins replace it. The reason no skins replace it is probably that the skin developer doesn't have enough time to spend on "less important stuff" (this is also why I think Patchou should split the skins up in 2), and that part isn't required anyway for a skin.
4 8 15 16 23 42
03-26-2008 06:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
It is possible... We should be able to define separate skins for Plus! and WLM :p
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
03-26-2008 10:19 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by vikke
honestly I haven't seen one skin which applies to Plus! as well..
IronMan has that. (i will even ask willz how has he done that...thats exactly what i wanted to do)
If you haven't seen, it has changed the popups and notifications from Plus!
[Image: Empty.png]
03-29-2008 04:08 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
vikke

31 / Male / Flag
The question isn't how, it's already in the skinning documentation, the problem is that nobody uses it in their skins.
4 8 15 16 23 42
03-29-2008 10:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
vikke: reply to my PM, please? :)
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
03-29-2008 11:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Help] Plus! 4.60 Notifications and Skins
quote:
Originally posted by vikke
I don't know whether Plus! notification are skinnable or not

Zero-G and Iron Man skin notifications :P

It is a pretty messy job because there is not as much flexibility in skinning Messenger Plus! as I would like (which is why I don't really bother touching it :P)

But I'm sure that will change sometime in the future.  I suppose having separate Messenger Plus skins is an idea but you should still be able to include a Messenger Plus skin with a WLM skin if you really had the time and could pull it off.

Off topic - Menthix a browse by author in the skins database would be nice soon :P there are a few people now with more than 1 release and it would be cool for people to be able to look up more of an authors work easily ;) Even a link that just says "browse more skins by ....." would be cool :P
03-30-2008 12:09 AM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Willz
Off topic - Menthix a browse by author in the skins database would be nice soon :P there are a few people now with more than 1 release and it would be cool for people to be able to look up more of an authors work easily ;) Even a link that just says "browse more skins by ....." would be cool :P

That would be nice too...even though, some time in the future, some creators would still have one or two skins and the database would be full of creators for us to browse...
Better stay the way it is...
[Image: Empty.png]
03-30-2008 12:55 AM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
Originally posted by Willz

That would be nice too...even though, some time in the future, some creators would still have one or two skins and the database would be full of creators for us to browse...
Better stay the way it is...

so? all other databases have these sort of fields. why would plus skins be worse for having it? I'd like to see it in action

This post was edited on 03-30-2008 at 07:29 AM by aNILEator.
03-30-2008 07:28 AM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
And creators with one skin only could be placed all together instead of having a separate link. There could be also a field for some requests to the author by people and then, it is the author's choice if he will pull them off.
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
03-30-2008 09:54 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: