What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » My replied for vikke for his letter to me

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
My replied for vikke for his letter to me
Author: Message:
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. My replied for vikke for his letter to me
Honestly, I find this very stupid. I dont know why the previous thread about the scripts was closed because there was a good debate about XP/Vista and Plus! Scripts. But if vikke can open a thread just to reply to me, have it moved to the original thread, and then that original thread is closed, so can I

quote:
I think we had an interesting talk, and I would love to continue it (maybe create a forum just about this topic).

Exactly. And I still dont know why a mod has closed it. And this is something I hate about these forums: A mod closes it without saying a last post saying why he closed the thread. Give a reason at least.

quote:
So where shall we start? You accuse me of not knowing what a stable computer is. You accuse me of running a pirate version of Windows, something I should never have done (I'm a software developer, and knows that piracy is one of the worst things you could do). And you say I'm talking bullshit. You cannot treat me like that, and I did definitely not treat you the same way or deserve these words. It seems you cannot handle this situation.

You gave me that impression by saying that Vista is unstable. I dont accuse you of anything Im just saying my opinion about things you claim

quote:
Now on Vista, I used the words "less stable than XP", maybe that was the wrong words to say, because you didn't accept them. What I actually meant by stable was about everything, programs, drivers, games, and the actual OS. VB6 DLLs, for an example, are very common today, even if it's old technology. Actually it's the most used kind of DLLs used for ActiveX components. It's like removing support for CRTs totally from Windows, because these screens has been there for 10 years (this might be a little overkill, but you get the idea). Still Microsoft has been working a lot on compatibility with this version and previous ones, with compatibility modes, 16-bit mode etc.

Either the OS is stable or the programs/drivers/games FOR the OS are stable; Obviously both cannot be stable because then crashes would never occur.
Even though VB6 DLL are common there are better solutions which this would be a fault the developer of a program: Java takes a couple of more lines to make the "Hello World" program than C; Obviously C is a better choice if you want to make a "Hello World" because of its smaller size, no runtime needed, and because you can write it in fewer lines. Still, the support should be there but minimal; I agree with forcing developers to "move on" to newer and better technologies.
And again you should give me the impression that you dont know about Vista by saying that Vista runs 16-bit programs when it does not; It has very limited compatibility for 16 bit programs and is not supported at all on 64 bit processors running 64 bit Windows Vista

quote:
I don't think it's right because other operative systems does this as well, not at all, that was not what I meant. Tell you what, if the UAC came up with 0 dialogs when you renamed the file, then it must have a bug, and isn't working properly (try Windows Update). I'm serious about this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=A1mwrhjXTDA

If you want another video, just ask.
And its not right? Its not right? So you as a common user just click on everything that pops up on your PC? UNIX, like I said has been doing this for YEARS, and NOONE has EVER complained about it. EVER.

quote:
I get the feeling that you were ironic when you wrote this message, but it turns out you were not ironic at all. I think we can say that Vista is about as stable as XP is, but people seems to have problems with it still today (trust me, I've helped a lot of friends installing games not working).

What games exactly? Example: You cant expect Doom to run on Vista just like you cant expect Crysis to run on Windows 95. Its just not possible. Its like you would like to use the Flintstones' car today in LA or Miami. Its just not logically possible
And Vista is alot more stable than XP (or at least its drivers/way of handling its drivers). Ive had to restart alot more in XP than Ive had to in Vista.

quote:
In the topic, you said that I didn't know anything about computers, and you ask Patchou like a god, please make all scripts work with Vista. You seem to have forgotten that he's not a god, and there's a reason they don't work on Vista, and that is because Vista simply doesn't accept them. So it's the Vista-users fault, for using Vista (I know the users can't help it).

You, like Cookie, like to put words in my motuh. I never said that scripts have to work only with Vista. I requested that the API be modified to make sure that the scripts work on XP AND Vista. Both of them. Its impossible then fine so be it.
And the reason isnt because Vista doesnt accept them; Its because Vista has a more efficient (and of course different) way of handling its API functions.
Its not Vista's fault, not the Vista userbase faults, its the developers that dont know how to update their code to so their software is more efficient and easier to work with. Of course Patchou cant just shutout all of his XP users as that would be suicide but he cant shutout his Vista users which everyday more and more are coming out. And, no, "switch to XP" is not the solution.

quote:
There's no rule on the forums which say you must know how to make your PC stable, not at all. It seems you haven't read the rules after all, that would  also explain your reputation points. You're simply not welcome here.

There isnt a written rule either that I cant hack into the server, steal all the personal information from all the users, and do whatever I want is there? Does that mean that it is correct/legal if I do that? No.
The reputation points is one of the most idiotic things on the planet. If you post depending on the rep a person has, then Im sorry but you have too much time and very little life on your hands.

quote:
By the way, I was using a Vista beta, but I'm a MSDN subscriber

My question:
WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR POINT WITH THAT STATEMENT? WANT A CONGRADS OR COOKIE?

I ask you please: Think before you post.

Thank you and I apoligize to the mods for making this thread.
03-31-2008 02:37 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me
If you need to complain to vikke, do so via PM. not where everyone is going to make a fuss over it.

Thread reported.
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
03-31-2008 02:43 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
You know what, I believe this should be a perfect thread to promote 50 Cent's New Album

--Before I Self Destruct: IN STORES NOW--

[Image: L3Zhci93d3cvc2l0ZXMvbWVkaWEuc2hvdXRtb3V0...cuanBn.jpg]

This post was edited on 03-31-2008 at 02:55 AM by prashker.
03-31-2008 02:55 AM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me
quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
If you need to complain to vikke, do so via PM. not where everyone is going to make a fuss over it.

Thread reported.
vikke did the same thing. I dont see the fairness if you complain about this.
03-31-2008 02:56 AM
Th3rmal
Veteran Member

Peek-a-boo! I see you!!

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
i agree, what was the point of making a thread, you could have said the same thing in a PM because it is a problem between you and vikke, not  other people in the community.

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
You know what, I believe this should be a perfect thread to promote 50 Cent's New Album

--Before I Self Destruct: IN STORES NOW--

[Image: L3Zhci93d3cvc2l0ZXMvbWVkaWEuc2hvdXRtb3V0...cuanBn.jpg]
rofl, that is a great contribution to the thread...

This post was edited on 03-31-2008 at 03:00 AM by Th3rmal.
You have the intellect comparable to that of a rock. Be proud.
03-31-2008 02:57 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
quote:
i agree, what was the point of making a thread, you could have said the same thing in a PM because it is a problem between you and vikke, not  other people in the community.
Well he felt that he needed to make a thread; A mod did not agree, moved the thread into a post in the original thread, and presto; It was closed without letting me publicy reply like he publicy replied to me: Honestly, I think this is fair.
03-31-2008 02:59 AM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
you're both newbs. somebody make a list of each point both of you have made so i can tell you why you're such a newb for making it.

in fact, i'll start, because i caught this skimming through the thread:

• vista doesn't have 16-bit support

you're a newb, and here's why: it does. 64-bit doesn't, but no 64-bit version of windows has ever had 16-bit support. and on that note, the 16-bit compatibility in 32-bit vista is just as good as it always has been in every windows version, because it hasn't been changed since XP.

This post was edited on 03-31-2008 at 03:18 AM by ShawnZ.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
03-31-2008 03:17 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
* CookieRevised jumps on the bitching wagon (can't sleep anyways :p)
PS: I don't agree with everything vikke said either though, but....

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
Even though VB6 DLL are common there are better solutions which this would be a fault the developer of a program
one of the strangest things I've heared lately....

If there are better solutions, then go working at Microsoft. I bet they will pay millions if you have a better solution for all their ActiveXs which they STILL use to this day (for example: MSIE and many many MANY other NATIVE programs).

The matter of fact is that for some things there is no "better" solution. For example, the original thread where all this came from is about Plus! scripting. Be my guest to come up with a "better" solution for ActiveXs in scripts. Especially if those things need to call back to the script.... Again, some ActiveXs not working on Vista is not because its an "old" technology or because there are "better" solutions.

quote:
And Vista is alot more stable than XP (or at least its drivers/way of handling its drivers). Ive had to restart alot more in XP than Ive had to in Vista.
sure, because you had to restart less it automatically means that it is more stable?

FYI, there are still a lot of problems with drivers, that is actually one of the main reasons why SP1 is not yet released to everybody! (which will soon change, but anyways).

quote:
You, like Cookie, like to put words in my motuh. I never said that scripts have to work only with Vista. I requested that the API be modified to make sure that the scripts work on XP AND Vista. Both of them. Its impossible then fine so be it.

And the reason isnt because Vista doesnt accept them; Its because Vista has a more efficient (and of course different) way of handling its API functions.
One of the reason IS that Vista doesn't accept them. Some APIs are not in Vista anymore. And how do you know Vista is "more effecient" in handling its API functions? You have the source of both XP and Vista and you can interpret it?

quote:
Its not Vista's fault, not the Vista userbase faults, its the developers that dont know how to update their code to so their software is more efficient and easier to work with.
Some things ARE NOT possible anymore in Vista. It would be nice if you also accept that fact.

If something IS possible in Vista also, I'm sure the developers (or somebody else) will update their stuff, if it needs to be updated in the first place. But some things are simply NOT possible.

quote:
Of course Patchou cant just shutout all of his XP users as that would be suicide but he cant shutout his Vista users which everyday more and more are coming out. And, no, "switch to XP" is not the solution.
Talking about twisting words, djeez.... Who of us said he should shutout Vista users?

quote:
There isnt a written rule either that I cant hack into the server, steal all the personal information from all the users, and do whatever I want is there?
I think that falls under "forum abuse".

quote:
quote:
By the way, I was using a Vista beta, but I'm a MSDN subscriber
My question: WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR POINT WITH THAT STATEMENT? WANT A CONGRADS OR COOKIE?
He might know a thing or two about how Microsoft's OS functions? He might know that some APIs are not supported anymore?

If you read up on some MSDN articles you would, for example, also know about the driver problems in Vista.

You love Vista, fine. You haven't got any problems with Vista, even more fine and congrats... But some people do, and some people aren't even able to get Vista. And some things can only be done on XP... Those are also facts...

------------------

quote:
Well he felt that he needed to make a thread; A mod did not agree, moved the thread into a post in the original thread, and presto; It was closed without letting me publicy reply like he publicy replied to me: Honestly, I think this is fair.
I hate that too.

This post was edited on 03-31-2008 at 03:46 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-31-2008 03:30 AM
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
get over yourself
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
03-31-2008 03:54 AM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ

in fact, i'll start, because i caught this skimming through the thread:

• vista doesn't have 16-bit support

you're a newb, and here's why: it does. 64-bit doesn't, but no 64-bit version of windows has ever had 16-bit support. and on that note, the 16-bit compatibility in 32-bit vista is just as good as it always has been in every windows version, because it hasn't been changed since XP.
I dont like quoting myself:
quote:
And again you should give me the impression that you dont know about Vista by saying that Vista runs 16-bit programs when it does not; It has very limited compatibility for 16 bit programs and is not supported at all on 64 bit processors running 64 bit Windows Vista
I said the exact same thing you just said....WHats your point?

quote:
one of the strangest things I've heared lately....

If there are better solutions, then go working at Microsoft. I bet they will pay millions if you have a better solution for all their ActiveXs which they STILL use to this day (for example: MSIE and many many MANY other NATIVE programs).

Yes but dont you see a trend? Less and less everyday ActiveX DLLS or VB6 or whatever your oldschool ways are, are used. .NET for example is being pushed as the "next great thing" and developers should enbrace it (sorry for sounding like Steve).

quote:
FYI, there are still a lot of problems with drivers, that is actually one of the main reasons why SP1 is not yet released to everybody! (which will soon change, but anyways).

FYI, SP1 has not been released to everyone because a bug in a previous build (this is where you are clearly mistaken) was present. The bug was that when SP1 was installed several drivers needed uninstallation and installation again before they properlly worked in Vista. This, AFAIK, has been fixed.

quote:
One of the reason IS that Vista doesn't accept them. Some APIs are not in Vista anymore. And how do you know Vista is "more effecient" in handling its API functions? You have the source of both XP and Vista and you can interpret it?

Those APIs that have been removed arent because Microsoft decided to fuck some developers; They were removed because other functions possibly replaced them with a more effecient and better way of handling and interpreting data.

quote:
Some things ARE NOT possible anymore in Vista. It would be nice if you also accept that fact.

If something IS possible in Vista also, I'm sure the developers (or somebody else) will update their stuff, if it needs to be updated in the first place. But some things are simply NOT possible.

I think you are mistaken. Ill give you a example:
Previous versions of Windows: a + a + b + b = c
Vista: (a * 2) + (b * 2) = c
So you are correct that certain things cant be done in Vista BUT they can be done a different way and more effecient.

quote:
Talking about twisting words, djeez.... Who of us said he should shutout Vista users?

What part of me said that he should shutout XP users?

quote:
He might know a thing or two about how Microsoft's OS functions?

Why? Because he is a MSDN subscriber and he has a Vista beta? That makes no sense

quote:
If you read up on some MSDN articles you would, for example, also know about the driver problems in Vista.

Wouldnt a driver problem be in the KB?

quote:
You love Vista, fine.

I dont love Vista nor am I a fanboy. I just hate it when people say that XP is better. Thats a stupid statement. I have had a way better experience with Vista than XP.

quote:
You haven't got any problems with Vista, even more fine and congrats... But some people do, and some people aren't even able to get Vista. And some things can only be done on XP... Those are also facts...

But Im willing to bet that 99% of those problems are not Microsoft's fault. If it was MS's fault, then wouldnt we all have those similar bugs on are system? Like I said, my ride has been smooth sailing.

quote:
I hate that too.

Its official. The world is coming to a end. Me and cookie agree on something. :P
03-31-2008 04:02 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: