What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Feature Suggestion

Feature Suggestion
Author: Message:
DejaVoo

– / Female / Flag
O.P. Feature Suggestion
Hey guys,

I have a feature suggestion for messenger plus (or maybe a script) but I’m not entirely sure if it’s at all possible…

Can’t hurt to ask...

What I would like to see is some personal information under the display picture of your contact in the conversation window e.g. name, city, country, date and time…

Something kinda like this:

Chris
Sydney
Australia
Mar 31 2008
11.30pm

The name (real, messenger or a nickname for your contact), city and country or just country would have to be entered in manually by the messenger user but I have no clue how the date and time thing would work…

Would be cool though…

:)
03-31-2008 03:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Quantum
Disabled Account

Away.

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Feature Suggestion
Hey!

I don't think this can be done with scripts but it may be possible with skins. (not 100% but i think it will). I wouldn't use this feature but other people might so it's up to patchou.
No longer here.
03-31-2008 05:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Feature Suggestion
quote:
Originally posted by john-t
I don't think this can be done with scripts
Actually, it can.
The clock with the other contact's local time has already been scripted (see TimeZone) so it could be done in a similar way. (which IMO is not the best way, but I can't think of another way to accomplish it)
Only problem is that either both sides would need to have the script installed or you would have to enter the information yourself for every contact.
Also, if both sides had the script installed, the communication between the two instances of the script will most likely have to go via plain text and can be faked easily.
Man is least himself when he is in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. (Oscar Wilde)
03-31-2008 05:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: