What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » How about a group sharing folder?

How about a group sharing folder?
Author: Message:
Cooperhawk

O.P. How about a group sharing folder?
i often share a lot of the same files with a lot of different people in the sharing folders, for things that we work on together, or files that are used for several people. but when i put each of those files in each person's sharing folder, it takes a toll on my free memory. so what if in the next plus release, you could create a sharing folder that would synchronize with several people, instead of just one person at a time, then it would conserve hard drive memory, and if someone makes a change, all involved in the group folder will receive the changes.

and although i would think it would be obvious, doesn't hurt to mention, user defined names on these group folders, instead of following the by email format.
04-05-2008 10:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: How about a group sharing folder?
How about putting this one to Microsoft as it is there feature ;)

But I do agree with having the ability to have group folders rather than individual folder. (Y)

This post was edited on 04-05-2008 at 10:39 PM by MattyRid.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
04-05-2008 10:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
A public folder would be a good idea (Y)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
04-06-2008 01:30 AM
Cooperhawk

O.P. RE: RE: How about a group sharing folder?
Well, now it's posted in both places, but generally I've found Microsoft to be unresponsive, we'll see what happens.

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
How about putting this one to Microsoft as it is there feature ;)

But I do agree with having the ability to have group folders rather than individual folder. (Y)
04-06-2008 03:35 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
In my opinion, sharing folders from our local hard drive with more than one user would be more complicated. So I suggest using the server application Windows Live SkyDrive for sharing such files with more than one friend.
quote:
but generally I've found Microsoft to be unresponsive, we'll see what happens.
I don't think they just ignore our suggestions. So I won't give up sending my suggestions to them.
04-06-2008 11:49 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Cooperhawk

i am familiar with this server, however it only stores files, unlike the sharing folders.:(

the thing i like about the sharing folders is that they aren't restricted to files,

i can send entire directories to people without having to send file, by file by file.

to receive changes that someone else has made i don't have to download file by file by file.

we can both in essence use the same file. quite frankly, this is the reason i haven't turned to the SkyDrive. :(

i get that this would be complicated, which is why i'm only suggesting it, but it would be more convenient.

Maybe microsoft will step up to the plate on this one, let's see.*-)

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
In my opinion, sharing folders from our local hard drive with more than one user would be more complicated. So I suggest using the server application Windows Live SkyDrive for sharing such files with more than one friend.
quote:
but generally I've found Microsoft to be unresponsive, we'll see what happens.
I don't think they just ignore our suggestions. So I won't give up sending my suggestions to them.

04-06-2008 05:35 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Cooperhawk
i can send entire directories to people without having to send file, by file by file.
You can put as many files you want into one zip file (WinZip or WinRAR). That any good?
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
04-06-2008 05:39 PM
Cooperhawk

It is good, i know i may seem somewhat pathetic with my petty needs, lol, but with bigger directories, filled with more data, it takes a long time for my computer to add these kinds of files to a rar archive or zipped file, and even longer for the receiver to unzip, the sharing folders have cut that time down to a fourth of what it would be if i went by that path, which i used to do before the sharing folders were in existence.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
quote:
Originally posted by Cooperhawk
You can put as many files you want into one zip file (WinZip or WinRAR). That any good?
04-06-2008 06:05 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: