What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Cant open 2(or more) messengers in Vista

Cant open 2(or more) messengers in Vista
Author: Message:
tattoosandbeer

O.P. Cant open 2(or more) messengers in Vista
I seem dont have too get acces to the thing that makes u having many different messengers open at the same time in Vista.

As soon as i try to open a new messenger i get logged out from the old, how to solve this?

This post was edited on 04-06-2008 at 08:58 AM by tattoosandbeer.
04-06-2008 08:57 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Aardvark

Waterfall! :O

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Cant open 2(or more) messengers in Vista
I'm guessing your messenger is set to sign in automatically. When opening another messenger this pretty much means it's going to sign in again, resulting in your already signed in messenger signing out. To solve this either lunge for the contact list and click cancel once your second messenger opens, or next time you sign in untick sign in automatically, and then sign in to apply that setting. I think there was a script somewhere which controlled this even further (allowing for specific emails to sign into the second messenger upon opening) however I can't remember the name of it.
04-06-2008 09:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
tattoosandbeer

O.P. RE: RE: Cant open 2(or more) messengers in Vista
quote:
Originally posted by Aardvark
I'm guessing your messenger is set to sign in automatically. When opening another messenger this pretty much means it's going to sign in again, resulting in your already signed in messenger signing out. To solve this either lunge for the contact list and click cancel once your second messenger opens, or next time you sign in untick sign in automatically, and then sign in to apply that setting. I think there was a script somewhere which controlled this even further (allowing for specific emails to sign into the second messenger upon opening) however I can't remember the name of it.

No i dont have Auto logg in to my accont, i just have to save my name and pass, but no auto logg on.

Damn something most be wrong or am i i just stupid?

EDIT: i just saw this screen dump (ok its in swedish) but it loks like it want to install messenger every time i start it again, i have cleanded up everything and make cc cleaner and the download it all again an install it again, but the same fucking thing... how do i fix this?

.jpg File Attachment: (75.91 KB)
This file has been downloaded 147 time(s).

This post was edited on 04-06-2008 at 10:18 AM by tattoosandbeer.
04-06-2008 09:35 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Download and install the MSI Cleanup utility. Remove WLM for the list and reinstall it from http://get.live.com

That should fix it.
04-06-2008 05:07 PM
^_^

ayy caramba!

You can patch it (download a-patch) and enable poligamy (multi msn) or  go to plus preferences and enable multiple accounts
06-11-2008 06:23 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: