What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » Is it possible to add custom 'commands'?

Is it possible to add custom 'commands'?
Author: Message:
Yom

O.P. Is it possible to add custom 'commands'?
Hello, i started WLM skinning there is a few days,

First i would like to thanks anyone for the great skinning documentation, especially Patchou and Willz.

Now here is my question(s):

I would like to integrate custom buttons with custom 'commands'. Those commands should virtually press a key or a combination of keys on the keyboard. In fact, my idea is to make buttons for controlling Media keys (for Winamp, WMP etc). Ideally, i would like to make options for what keys to what buttons, like:

code:
Play/Pause:  <checkbox: Ctrl> <checkbox: Alt> <checkbox: Shift> <listbox: all keyboard keys>
Next:        <checkbox: Ctrl> <checkbox: Alt> <checkbox: Shift> <listbox: all keyboard keys>
etc..

Do you think it is possible? I highly doubt as i haven't see anything related to it in the documentation, but this is something i really would like possible.

Thanks for helping me if you can :)
04-08-2008 11:18 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
segosa
Community's Choice

RE: Is it possible to add custom 'commands'?
I don't really know but I would guess not since you can't embed any code anywhere.
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
04-08-2008 11:27 AM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Yom
Hello, i started WLM skinning there is a few days,

First i would like to thanks anyone for the great skinning documentation, especially Patchou and Willz.

Now here is my question(s):

I would like to integrate custom buttons with custom 'commands'. Those commands should virtually press a key or a combination of keys on the keyboard. In fact, my idea is to make buttons for controlling Media keys (for Winamp, WMP etc). Ideally, i would like to make options for what keys to what buttons, like:

code:
Play/Pause:  <checkbox: Ctrl> <checkbox: Alt> <checkbox: Shift> <listbox: all keyboard keys>
Next:        <checkbox: Ctrl> <checkbox: Alt> <checkbox: Shift> <listbox: all keyboard keys>
etc..

Do you think it is possible? I highly doubt as i haven't see anything related to it in the documentation, but this is something i really would like possible.

Thanks for helping me if you can :)

Nope, not possible. Not unless you write a plugin thats specifically does what you want.
04-08-2008 01:39 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Yom

O.P. RE: Is it possible to add custom 'commands'?
Aww too bad :( ok thanks anyway :)
04-08-2008 04:59 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
If you want to try this, I suggest talking to deAd, he knows a bit about overlaying command buttons into messenger with scripts.
04-08-2008 05:06 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
vikke

31 / Male / Flag
If you know programming, just apply a hook onto the contact list or whatever window you added the button to, then in your callback function just look for the WM_COMMAND message, and check if the ID matches the CmdId attribute the <button> has (for example <Button CmdId=10001>). If it does, do whatever the button should do. :)
Also make sure that the message doesn't get confused with another message from Messenger Plus! or Messenger itself.
1337 is taken by Stuffplug 3 :P
4 8 15 16 23 42
04-08-2008 06:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: