What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Avoid the "[MyName] says:" line

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Avoid the "[MyName] says:" line
Author: Message:
pd_

O.P. Avoid the "[MyName] says:" line
Hey all!

I was wondering how I could make my script send a message without the "[MyName] says:" line, like the /me command does.
Can anybody give me a hint?

Thanks in advance! (Y)

This post was edited on 04-19-2008 at 09:10 AM by pd_.
04-19-2008 09:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Plan-1130

I keep askin' myself: why?

73 / Male / –
RE: Avoid the "[MyName] says:" line
You'll have to catch the events of the textfield, which is a rather tricky thing...
My Scripts: UltimatFlooder, Advanced PSM Chat, PlusPrivacy, PlusRemote

[Image: Plan-1130.png]
04-24-2008 08:17 PM
TheGuruSupremacy

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by pd_
Hey all!

I was wondering how I could make my script send a message without the "[MyName] says:" line, like the /me command does.
Can anybody give me a hint?

Thanks in advance! (Y)

Essentially you can't...you can make a script which removes line "[MyName] says:" but it must be necessary imported on msn in which you want to remove that string.In few words it's needed that script can change memory code of msnmsgr process like plus do.Infact if you use /me command sending a message to a user who doesn't have msgplus installed he will not be able to see formatted message but he'll see a message which starts with "ĢI",infact if you try to send a message starting with "ĢI"(without quotes) the message will be formatted like you have use /me command.Greetings
05-04-2008 10:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
pd_

O.P. RE: Avoid the "[MyName] says:" line
Eek, I always happen to hit the hard stuff. ;)

So the sender's msgplus adds some extra data to the string that tells the receiver's msgplus to modify the string in memory which is later displayed and logged...

Interesting stuff. Yeah, that would not be possible using the scripts anymore, would have to go further for that. :(

Thanks for the info!
05-05-2008 05:29 PM
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
Should be possible with a script, it IS possible to patch messenger with a script although it is hard to do, so I don't think any script developer will try to do this for such a little request.

EDIT: Check out #pid463777 for a way without scripts

This post was edited on 05-05-2008 at 05:46 PM by Ezra.
[Image: 1-0.png]

05-05-2008 05:44 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
TheGuruSupremacy

33 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Avoid the "[MyName] says:" line
quote:
Originally posted by pd_

Interesting stuff. Yeah, that would not be possible using the scripts anymore, would have to go further for that. :(

Thanks for the info!

Yeah it's possible to do that using scripts and it's quite simple.You just have to use writeprocessmemory api:
code:
function Patch(nAddress, sByteString) {
    var sBuffer = Interop.Allocate(++sByteString.length);
    for (var j = 0; j < sByteString.length; j++) sBuffer.WriteWORD(j, sByteString.charCodeAt(j));
    var hProc = Interop.Call("Kernel32", "GetCurrentProcess");
    Interop.Call("Kernel32", "WriteProcessMemory", hProc, nAddress, sBuffer.DataPtr, sByteString.length, 0);
}

Greetings!

This post was edited on 05-05-2008 at 06:31 PM by TheGuruSupremacy.
05-05-2008 06:30 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Note that such stuff will only change what YOU see, not what YOUR CONTACT sees.

If you want to change what your contact sees (thus no 'says') then your contact needs that same (or similar) script.

This is exactly how Plus!' action command (/me) works; both people (you and your contact) need Messenger Plus! in order to see the action command as it was intended.

^^ which is also what TheGuruSupremacy said.

This post was edited on 05-05-2008 at 11:30 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-05-2008 11:30 PM
pd_

O.P. RE: Avoid the "[MyName] says:" line
quote:
Originally posted by myself
So the sender's msgplus adds some extra data to the string that tells the receiver's msgplus to modify the string in memory which is later displayed and logged...
Which is also what I understood. ;)
Ah right, I'm a little stuck at what exactly these scripts can do.

WriteProcessMemory sounds like a good option, the only question left is the address I need to write to.

The Messenger Plus! events only give me the string of the actual message IIRC (without the "... says" line), I need to be able to modify the string that's finally displayed/logged, will I have to reverse engineer that address or did I miss something now?
05-06-2008 09:56 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
In theory you can use WriteProcessMemory.

However, in practice it is very very far from as simple as that. You must indeed reverse engineer stuff to begin with, but on top of that if you change stuff like that it can/will have big consequences for other internal things and other programs.

For example, lets say you are a top ace in reverse engineering, subclassing, etc and you can remove the 'says' in every case without screwing things up in memory, then it would still be possible that Messenger Plus! for example wont work anymore as it should since it expects the 'says' to be there, etc...

Note: 'says' is also just 1 text which can appear after the nickname, there are douzens of such texts. So to get the effect properly you also would need to change everything else.

Short advise: do not.... (especially since it will only work locally anyways; you can't change what other people see)

This post was edited on 05-07-2008 at 12:48 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-07-2008 12:45 AM
TheGuruSupremacy

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
In theory you can use WriteProcessMemory.

However, in practice it is very very far from as simple as that. You must indeed reverse engineer stuff to begin with, but on top of that if you change stuff like that it can/will have big consequences for other internal things and other programs.

For example, lets say you are a top ace in reverse engineering, subclassing, etc and you can remove the 'says' in every case without screwing things up in memory, then it would still be possible that Messenger Plus! for example wont work anymore as it should since it expects the 'says' to be there, etc...

Note: 'says' is also just 1 text which can appear after the nickname, there are douzens of such texts. So to get the effect properly you also would need to change everything else.

Short advise: do not.... (especially since it will only work locally anyways; you can't change what other people see)

Yeah,Cookie is right,even if there is surely another way to remove "My Name Says" line which should work better and not cause any problem with third part softwares.However to do it you have to reverse hard,and if you are a beginner on reversing side,well then you can't do it.Removing "%1 Says" string on msgslang is without doubts the worst thing you can do.I'll try to write this script when i have the time,but you have to have a long wait because i'm too busy with the school now..Greetings!
05-07-2008 08:23 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: