What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » 'contact opens chat window' notification

'contact opens chat window' notification
Author: Message:
Volum

O.P. 'contact opens chat window' notification
Are there any left? stuffplug doesn't have anymore that(N)
04-20-2008 01:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: 'contact opens chat window' notification
It is no longer possible due to the way the protocol works. The best suggestion is the Typing Notifier posted by CookieRevised. Use the search button to find it and also remember to search next time to avoid asking the same question as many others have before you (Y)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
04-20-2008 04:13 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
.: MASTUERZO :.

43 / – / –
Dude, Try this... http://www.hackearmsn.net/html/descargar-gratis-1...-Notifier-110.html
07-18-2008 05:18 PM
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by .: MASTUERZO :.
Dude, Try this... [...]
Then I think he's better off getting Live Notifier from the original thread, rather then from some crappy Messenger site...

Please note that it's no longer possible to get 100% accurate conversation opened notifiers, there have been many threads about this, it won't take you long to find them. Next time search the forums before posting!

This post was edited on 07-19-2008 at 07:31 AM by Matti.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
07-19-2008 07:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report

43 / – / –
RE: RE: 'contact opens chat window' notification
Dude, I'm only try to help. ^o)
07-19-2008 02:27 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
For those who insist on posting 'solutions': IT NO LONGER WORKS....

sorry to be so blunt, but realy...

The Messenger protocol does NOT allow it anymore to accuratly detect opened conversations... (and this is so since a couple of years already! More accuratly, since MSN Messenger 7.5!)

We do not say this because we want to keep something secret or hide something from you, we say this because it is how things work now, even if you don't like it...

ANY program which claims it can detect open or closed conversations is NOT giving you proper information.

It is not because some program claims it can, that it realy can; it is not because I call a table a chair, that the table magically becomes a chair!

There is also NO way to 'know' or 'predict' or 'interpret' or 'whatever' the notifications. Those who claim they can are psychic and should use their 'powers' for other things.

;)

See CookieRevised's reply to Question regarding a "close msg window logger"

the very same thing goes for detecting when someone has blocked you. This is also not possible...

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
Next time search the forums before posting!

This post was edited on 07-21-2008 at 12:07 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-19-2008 03:53 PM

43 / – / –
I ready use "Live Notifier" and this work! With WLM 8.5.1302.1018, When open the conversation this show me a little toast... But when cose the window do not sen the alert. But this work with me =D
07-19-2008 04:07 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by .: MASTUERZO :.
I ready use "Live Notifier" and this work! With WLM 8.5.1302.1018, When open the conversation this show me a little toast... But when cose the window do not sen the alert. But this work with me =D
I'm sorry to burst your bubble then, but this does NOT work for you. It does not work for anybody (since years)....

You will not just recieve a notification when someone opens a conversation window with you, you will also receive a notification in many more situations. In fact, you can even receive a notification when your contact isn't even at his computer...

Again, it is not because a program calls it an "open window" notification that it realy is. AKA: it is not because I call a table a chair, that the table is realy a chair.

And there is NO way to destinguish between open window notifications and other notifications....

This is all explained again and again on various sites and various posts in various forums since years.

Bottom line: such stuff does NOT work anymore since a long, very long, time...

This post was edited on 07-19-2008 at 08:06 PM by CookieRevised.
07-19-2008 08:04 PM
afallenhope

although this is old, sorry to burst everyone's bubble but the only way you can detect it is when you send someone a message it sends the "CAL" and "JOIN" packet and that's one two way of knowing. Then you always have the packet that tells you "user is typing" , so YES it is possible, just have to sniff the packets.
04-09-2009 05:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: 'contact opens chat window' notification
before bumping an age old thread it might help if you read what it is realy about.

quote:
Originally posted by afallenhope
although this is old, sorry to burst everyone's bubble but the only way you can detect it is when you send someone a message it sends the "CAL" and "JOIN" packet and that's one two way of knowing.
Sending a message to the contact first doesn't have anything todo with what is being talked about in this thread. It doesn't make sense either in regards to testing if a contact has opened a conversation window with you.

quote:
Originally posted by afallenhope
Then you always have the packet that tells you "user is typing" , so YES it is possible, just have to sniff the packets.
There is NO way to detect if a contact has opened a conversation window BEFORE they start typing. The last part is very important as that is the whole essence of this thread to begin with.

In short (again): Nope, it is NOT possible.

This post was edited on 04-09-2009 at 06:06 PM by CookieRevised.
04-09-2009 06:05 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: