What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » 2 accounts 2 questions.

2 accounts 2 questions.
Author: Message:
TweakerX

O.P. 2 accounts 2 questions.
So i just found out about MSN+L Today and have it humming along rather nicely... Found a few skins i like even.  I do however have a few questions, if I may, about a few things.  So with out any further prattle i will present them here in the hopes that they have not been asked over a thousand times much to the chagrin of long time forum members.

1.  I am running two accounts...is it possible for both accounts to auto sign in at start up?  It seems that clicking sign in automatically on one MSN window changes the default on the second.

& 2. Though once the programs are running i can switch one too a separate skin                                 when i close both accounts and then restart [both] they appear with the same skin...Is there a way (pending Question ones answer) That both could sign in with the last skin the user name had selected?

Again my apologies as these sound to me like the exact questions a newb would wander in with...although in this case thats precisely what i am.
05-27-2008 09:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: 2 accounts 2 questions.
1. Unfortunately it isn't possible to sign in to two accounts automatically at startup, because of the way Messenger works it can only have one account set up for automatic sign in (at startup) per windows user account. I'm not sure that you'll be able to develop a script to do such a thing either sorry.

2. As for the seperate skins, I'm really not sure that you can do this either. Sorry.
05-27-2008 12:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Th3rmal
Veteran Member

Peek-a-boo! I see you!!

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
As for the seperate skins, I'm really not sure that you can do this either. Sorry.
i think there was a way to do it. I think that to the target of the program (in the properties), there was an extra value added to enable different skins on different shortcuts.
Thats probably confusing as im too sleepy to make any sense, but i will try to find out tomorrow
You have the intellect comparable to that of a rock. Be proud.
05-27-2008 12:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
traxtor!!11!!! Did your girlfriend dump you? Is that why you are back?

quote:
Originally posted by TweakerX
1.  I am running two accounts...is it possible for both accounts to auto sign in at start up?  It seems that clicking sign in automatically on one MSN window changes the default on the second.
http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/225-Poligami/

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
i think there was a way to do it. I think that to the target of the program (in the properties), there was an extra value added to enable different skins on different shortcuts.
Thats probably confusing as im too sleepy to make any sense, but i will try to find out tomorrow
This is incorrect. Plus! changes the UFiles in memory to reflect the skin. This potentially could be made to support multiple instances of Windows Live Messenger so they can have their own skins however it isn't as easy as that. I doubt Pitcho will add the support for this. I stand corrected!

This post was edited on 05-27-2008 at 01:40 PM by matty.
05-27-2008 01:19 PM
pollolibredegrasa

formerly fatfreechicken

35 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: 2 accounts 2 questions.
Using the /PlusSkin="skinname" command line parameter you can start multiple instances of Messenger with a different skin applied to each.
;p

[Image: chickennana.gif] Vaccy is my thin twin! [Image: chickennana.gif]
05-27-2008 01:40 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
TweakerX

O.P. RE: 2 accounts 2 questions.
The news so far looks most promising...Thank you for your prompt and efficient responses.   I will try these this evening after work and post the outcome.   I should also note that if anyone has anything to add to the proceedings i would be most happy to receive additional information.

UPDATE:  Unfortunatly I was not able to get MSN+L to open both accounts at start up...With poligami i received thee falsemsnmsgr.exe. Error.  The two fixes i tried did not work for me.  Although after reading a bit more in the forrum it seems a combination of dual start up and separate skin is a rather difficult task, reweighing my options i think i would prefer separate skins 
over the dual boot.

pollolibredegrasa very useful yet somewhat cryptic post seems just the thing, Further reading provided the below little nugget of understanding i needed to utilize it.

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
Messenger Plus! Live adds a command line parameter to Messenger which allows you to launch with a particular skin, so you can create two seperate shortcuts, one with the skin and one without.

The locations the shortcuts need to point to are as follows:
(these need to be changed where appropriate if Messenger is installed in a different location)
code:
"C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /PlusSkin="Sweeney Todd"
"C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /PlusSkin=""
Now you just need a way to make sure your mother only launches the bottom one ;)

Huzah!! All thats left is to change the icon on my copy to something no one will click.

Thanks again to all who contributed herein.

This post was edited on 05-29-2008 at 08:10 AM by TweakerX.
05-27-2008 09:08 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: