What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Another MSN sidebar gadget

Another MSN sidebar gadget
Author: Message:
JJay

O.P. Another MSN sidebar gadget
Hi. I've written another MSN sidebar gadget. The interface is based off the work of Thomas Pleasance (with permission). The code is all original.

The difference between this and others is it uses an Messenger Plus plugin so you can choose who you want to be on this mini-list and who you don't.

There are a few display bugs about, but I want to stop working on this so I actually do my exams ;) Anyone else may fix them if they wish. GADGET files are just renamed ZIPs, and so anybody can modify them. It is just Javascript.

This has made a big difference to me so hopefully other people will find it useful too. Do post any suggestions, but I will not be able to act on them until late June. I also think it might be best to port it to "Karl's Sidebar" (http://www.aeroxp.org/board/index.php?showforum=110) before I do anything else, as it is way better than the Windows sidebar.

There is a small amount of configuration required. Basically you just have to copy a path from MSN-Plus into the gadget. It's not a big issue and included is a guide on how to do it.

Anyway, hope you like.

.zip File Attachment: Jax MSN.zip (206.19 KB)
This file has been downloaded 1343 time(s).
05-05-2008 10:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Another MSN sidebar gadget
Nice, but the references in help.txt to "MSN Plus" are completely wrong and should be changed to avoid confusion and misinformation.

MSN Plus is something entirly different than "Messenger Plus" (or shorter: MsgPlus).

MSN Plus is (was) an internet service from Microsoft (also see MSN Premium).
Messenger Plus! is an addon for MSN Messenger and Windows Live Messenger

MSN Plus vs Messenger Plus!

;)

This post was edited on 05-06-2008 at 12:53 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-06-2008 12:09 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: