What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [Suggestion] Floating Groups / Contact List

[Suggestion] Floating Groups / Contact List
Author: Message:
Keikonium

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Suggestion] Floating Groups / Contact List
I had an idea last night when I was deciding who to have as floating contacts on my desktop. I want to have the people I talk to most which is about 10 contacts. Even making the floating boxes as small as I can, it takes up lots of space on the screen (I have them always on top).

So I was thinking about a way to solve this issue and came up with 3 possible solutions:

1. Floating Groups: You would right click on a group header in WLM and just like right clicking on a contact and choosing to show on the desktop, you could display the group on the desktop. Right clicking on the Floating Group would bring up the email / first & last name / display name (however you have it set in WLM) with an arrow beside the name where you have most of the options we have right now with the floating contacts alone.

2. Floating Contact List: Just like the above, you could display the contact list on the desktop with a single floating window. Right clicking on this would display the groups in WLM and hovering over the groups would display the contacts it contains. This may be a little pointless since you can just as quickly open the contact list. But just an idea.

3. Floating Clusters: This one may not be possible, but I think it would be the best implementation. What this would be is you right click on each contact in your contact list and display them on the desktop. Then on each of the displayed contacts would be a new option to "Cluster Nearby Contacts" (I think nearby because you may not want EVERY contact on the desktop in the cluster). A radius you can predefine in pixels could determine the proximity of the the nearby contacts. Anyways, this will make a single button that follows the same method as the "Floating Groups" except it will display just the contacts you want, no matter what group they are in.

I hope that made sense, and I am sorry it's so long haha. Thoughts?
Now Playing:
[image not working] [Image: 87cc21b0.png]
05-03-2008 11:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [Suggestion] Floating Groups / Contact List
Like the idea...  but don't know if it's possible...   also... the skinning engine would get there by default?
[Image: Empty.png]
05-04-2008 01:28 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
mynetx
Skinning Contest Winner

Microsoft insider

36 / Male / Flag
Interesting suggestions indeed, Keikonium. Good ideas, adding them to internal suggestion list... Fresh ideas are always welcome. :)
mynetx - Microsoft, enhanced.

You have a problem or issue with Windows, Internet
Explorer or Office?
Send a tweet!
05-04-2008 06:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
If Patchou finds a way to interact with WLM groups, this will be a very good suggestion. Currently MPL cannot interact with any group-related features of WLM.
05-04-2008 10:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Keikonium

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Suggestion] Floating Groups / Contact List
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
If Patchou finds a way to interact with WLM groups, this will be a very good suggestion. Currently MPL cannot interact with any group-related features of WLM.
I forgot that MP!L can't interact with groups >.<. I am pretty sure that it is possible as I have seen it done in other addons, but that may not mean that MP!L can do it of course ;).

quote:
Originally posted by mynetx
Interesting suggestions indeed, Keikonium. Good ideas, adding them to internal suggestion list... Fresh ideas are always welcome. :)
Thank you, mynetx :).

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
Like the idea...  but don't know if it's possible...   also... the skinning engine would get there by default?
I *think* the skinning engine for MP!L's interface can access the floating desktop contacts, but I could be wrong, I've never tried skinning it lol.
Now Playing:
[image not working] [Image: 87cc21b0.png]
05-06-2008 06:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: