What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » close messenger

close messenger
Author: Message:
Suxsem

O.P. close messenger
How I can exit (totally close) messenger by Script?
thank
second answer:
how I can open messenger plus script preferences by script?

thank
05-08-2008 02:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: close messenger
I don't have the time to search at this moment, but both questions are already answered in great detail and with examples on this scripting forum.

For the first one. Use proper methods, not the 'on liners' you'll often find or which people suggest. You need to take several things in account when you close Messenger by script. And you should not force it.

For the second, this is quite easly and involves sending the correct command ID to the main Messenger Window. But again, this requires to take some things in account like Polygamy.

There are already complete example script snippets which do both those things in the proper way (without forcing anything and taking in account the stuff which needs to be taken in account). Search forums... And for exiting Messenger you'll normally should be able to find a script for that in the Official Scripting Database (which adds the /exit command iirc).

This post was edited on 05-08-2008 at 05:27 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-08-2008 05:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Suxsem

O.P. RE: close messenger
quote:
For the second, this is quite easly and involves sending the correct command ID to the main Messenger Window. But again, this requires to take some things in account like Polygamy.
thank for replay...but...what is the correct command id?
i found the information at http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=80...d=880295#pid880295

thank CookieRevised, bye!
05-08-2008 06:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: close messenger
quote:
Originally posted by Suxsem
thank for replay...but...what is the correct command id?
i found the information at http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=80...d=880295#pid880295

thank CookieRevised, bye!
yep, indeed. That's the post I was talking about. But make sure you also read the small print in that post and follow the given links. ;)

------------

For the first question, closing Messenger, you'll find a discussion about that here, and example code here (that same post also includes a link to a full script using that same code to add several new commands to Messenger)

PS: sorry for yesterday, I hadn't much time. But I see you searched yourself already, which is (y)(y)(y).

This post was edited on 05-09-2008 at 12:20 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-09-2008 12:19 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: