What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [Suggestion] Animated Display Pictures.

[Suggestion] Animated Display Pictures.
Author: Message:
whitetigerdemon

"I'm an angel. See. I'm blonde."

32 / Female / –
O.P. [Suggestion] Animated Display Pictures.
Sorry if this is a repeat suggestion or there's some sort of script out there for it.

I have a whole load of animated icons, and I pretty much want to use them. XD But picture spamming up my website or other places isn't really polite to those nice enough to look the pages, because some people don't like those kinds of things.

I've always wanted to use them with MSN, so maybe it'd be a nice thing to add (For laughs and giggles between friends since emotes kind of shrink things). 8D Though I know this would be annoying for some people as well, so maybe add in an option that would turn off animated DPs?

Who knows. Just a suggestion. ^^;

Yet again. Sorry if this is a repeat or there's a script out there.

If there's a script out there. Care to be nice enough to direct me the right way? ;D

~Whitetigerdemon.
05-08-2008 06:21 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Justin

32 / Male / Flag
RE: [Suggestion] Animated Display Pictures.
Not possible with scripting. But WLM 9 supports GIF images as display pictures.
05-08-2008 06:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
whitetigerdemon

32 / Female / –
O.P. RE: RE: [Suggestion] Animated Display Pictures.
quote:
Originally posted by Justin
Not possible with scripting. But WLM 9 supports GIF images as display pictures.

Ah~. 'Kay. Is WLM9 compatible with Live Plus..? I don't want to screw anything up. (I don't even know what version of WLM I'm on. XD; )

~.Death Mittens.
05-08-2008 06:38 PM
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [Suggestion] Animated Display Pictures.
Windows Live Messenger 9 is in BETA, which means that it still contains bugs and doesn't have the same quality as a FINAL release, such as 8.5. However, Messenger Plus! Live supports this BETA, so you can give it a try if you want.

By the way, to find out what version you're on: in the contact list, open the menu and choose Help > About Messenger (the last item in the menu). There, you'll find the Messenger version. :)
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
05-08-2008 07:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
whitetigerdemon

32 / Female / –
O.P. RE: RE: [Suggestion] Animated Display Pictures.
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
Windows Live Messenger 9 is in BETA, which means that it still contains bugs and doesn't have the same quality as a FINAL release, such as 8.5. However, Messenger Plus! Live supports this BETA, so you can give it a try if you want.

By the way, to find out what version you're on: in the contact list, open the menu and choose Help > About Messenger (the last item in the menu). There, you'll find the Messenger version. :)

Thank you. 8D Knew the details were in the menu's somewhere. XD; (8.5. Knew I was in the 8 area. >>; )

And I know that the Beta will have bugs. I think I'll leave it until the Final version comes out comes out. Well thank you once more. 83

~Whitetigerdemon.
05-08-2008 07:22 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: